Buckhannon WV-f, 6 yo, b&r, GORGEOUS! (shelter adopt) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Member

Default Buckhannon WV-f, 6 yo, b&r, GORGEOUS! (shelter adopt)

Lewis-Upshur Animal Control Facility - Please Adopt Me

I don't know how to post the actual shelter posting on this girl but above is the shtler link..She's located in Buckhannon, WV 26201. . . info on her listing. Her name is "AAA". . . hmmm.... They are a kill shelter,extremely small (16 runs) and take in dogs from two counties. So placement of this girl is highly urgent. Experienced GSD or lg dog adopter would be best. . . she's very friendly but needs someone with the ability to provide her with some guidance and teach her some obedience..she may do well as a working dog in some capacity. I personally think she may already be spayed. SHe does show some resource guarding with her food with other dogs probably because she was not well fed and starving when she arrived at the shtler. There is an ear tattoo on her but she arrived as an owner surrender ... the tattoo is difficult to decipher without taking time to clean the ear and remove the hair. Her owner used her to run his property and she would stay in an empty barn...so shes' starved for attention. Absolutely a beautiful girl...
Donka's Supersport(Chevelle)RN,CGC {10/19/98 - 5/29/11 RIP princess,we miss you}
FORRUGER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master Member

Is there anyone out there who likes these high energy, high drive dogs??? Educated guess would be she's primarily out of import show/working lines! They are hard to get rescue placement for... she is a wonderful dog who ended up with an inexperienced owner and now she's paying the price.... It's very disheartening to see nice dogs like her end up being pts in shelters!! Not her fault!!!!
Donka's Supersport(Chevelle)RN,CGC {10/19/98 - 5/29/11 RIP princess,we miss you}
Old 02-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Member

Send a message via MSN to CelticGlory

I would contact Melba on the pedigree database (the site is down right now I think for maintenance or heavy traffic). She takes in high drive dogs, she may know someone looking for a blk/red high drive female. There are others too, but I can't think of their names off of the top of my head. Does anyone know Melba personally who has her email that could contact her about this girl? I'm not a member there but, I do read the database forum.

CelticGlory is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Member

I live very close to there. I'll see if I can make a few calls in the AM
Old 02-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Member

If anyone knows a rescue that will take her near Pittsburgh or Oakland/Cumberland MD I will be willing to transport.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Member

Thank you all for replying and offering suggestions or help. .. I did post her on the PDB also. ... I was given a few suggestions and will try to follow up on them tomorrow. . .Yes, the PDB site is down! But will keep you utd if offers develop from people on that site and if anyone should hear of a good rescue williing to take her that would be wonderful. I'm going to email the shtler tomorrow and at least let them know we are trying to help her. . . the shlter is 130 miles from where I live so wish it was closer as would be willing to at least go walk the girl and get her out of that little run! thank you.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | German Shepherd Dog | Buckhannon, WV | German Shepherd

Raven (GSD) - December 8, 2007
Kaiser (GSD) - November 2009
Holly (GSD) - March 24, 2011
Best Paw Forward
Champ's Fund
gsdraven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORRUGER View Post
Thank you all for replying and offering suggestions or help. .. I did post her on the PDB also. ... I was given a few suggestions and will try to follow up on them tomorrow. . .Yes, the PDB site is down! But will keep you utd if offers develop from people on that site and if anyone should hear of a good rescue williing to take her that would be wonderful. I'm going to email the shtler tomorrow and at least let them know we are trying to help her. . . the shlter is 130 miles from where I live so wish it was closer as would be willing to at least go walk the girl and get her out of that little run! thank you.
This shelter is about 35-40 minutes from me. I would not have any issue transporting her if I can find a close enough rescue. I'm available a few days this week.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Member

thank you So much for offering to help her !!! There is a lady on the PDB rescue site who is wanting to adopt her who lives in Ontario. . . so just wondering GusGus if things get worked out as far a pull date maybe you'd be willing to help by heading her north a ways. . . I think she has a 8 hr drive... not sure which town/city in Ontario...but she's capable of providing a good home and has a facility that would be great for her. .. no set date yet... she has yet to call the shelter. .. but will let you know and IF it's a day you could help that would be wonderful .. If not, no problem. Maybe we can find some more volunteers to head her north a ways to save this lady some driving time! Will post when I find out definite plans from her. . . THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Member

Yes please let me know. I would be elated to help in any way that I can! I'll check back here frequently. Let me know as soon as you do. If she would like to speak with me I can PM you my email.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.