German Shepherds Forum banner

Baton Rouge, La (#24496) - "Katy" - 1-year-old female (CUTE!!)

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Gharrissc 
#1 ·
Katy is a delightful young girl. We estimate that she's just under a year old. She still has a bit of growing to do, and she's full of fun-loving puppy energy. She has beautiful, deep hues in her coat and a beautiful face.

Katy is friendly and vivacious. She's had some training, and eagerly shows off that she knows "sit" and "down." She is very treat-motivated, so it will be a joy to do more advanced obedience training with her. She is sociable and seems to get along well with other dogs (at the shelter, she has two kennel mates who are smaller than she is).

Katy was picked up by Animal Control when she escaped a yard. Her owner declined to pay the fee to redeem her, even though he supposedly had intended to breed her and invested money having her trained. I can't tell that she's had a lot of training (her leash manners tell me it's unlikely), but she's had some basics.

She's at the public shelter in East Baton Rouge Parish -- Companion Animal Alliance (Companion Animals Alliance). Her Petfinder listing (with more pics) is here. The shelter will gratefully work with reputable out-of-state rescues, consider applications from out-of-state adopters, and even approve foster applications out of town -- they are trying to move from being a high-kill shelter to a low-kill one, and they are open to creative ideas that save dogs and get them into good homes.

PM me if interested in saving Katy. Please cross-post anywhere she'll get attention. The adoption fee is just $12 in December (which includes spay, up-to-date shots, and microchip). Heartworm status is unknown (but she can be tested upon request, for any prospective adopter).

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.