East Smithfield, PA - Maxx, B/T, M, 2 yrs (adopted) - Page 11 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #101 (permalink)
The Rescues Rule Administrator

Exactly! In my avatar - the dog in the middle - I had him for 15 years, lived to 16, got him to a very progressive trainer (it was the early 90's) when he was about 3 and tried to bite a kid over his frisbee, no bites using positive methods, black dog in the upper right, had her for 3y9mo (8-11years) no bites. It can be done!
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #102 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I was hoping for an update at some point on Maxx and his quarantine.

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2013, 11:21 PM   #103 (permalink)

He was fine, in fact he killed another raccoon last week. He doesn't mind other dogs even cats. He does not like raccoons at all.
He was 89 pounds when I got him and he weighed in at 102 this week.
He's come around alot lately and has become a really good dog.He's still not happy with everyone that comes over and has to occasionally sit it out in the house but has others that he likes alot and listens to. He went for some shots this week and behaved like a bigshot and I was proud of him.
I wouldn't advise anyone to just walk into his yard without stopping to address him though. He's pretty serious about addressing different peoples attitudes. People that give him commands get a pass, people that don't get bullied.
Totally respects the invisible fence, doesn't fool with his perimeter. He goes loose every day.
He loves to show off his jumping. He's broken and ate all lower tree branches and plays frisbee.
life still revolves around his chuckees balls
He's happy
snake321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2013, 08:02 AM   #104 (permalink)

Last night he bit my girlfriend on the butt, not bad.
This morning he chomped her hand pretty good.
He got along with her fine in the yard but the house changed the game.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #105 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Do you still have him in training? That sounds like he is guarding the house for some reason. I would highly advise getting a trainer involved.

Forever loved and missed.....Banshee

~The strength of one's opinion should not exceed their knowledge on the matter~
Jax08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2013, 11:21 PM   #106 (permalink)

Every day is training of some sort. When she first got there he ran across the yard to her and everything was good. I was at the pool and we sat out there for awhile, she was petting him, everything was good. She then walked to the driveway which is far away and he watched her.She then headed to the back door with her suitcase and bags and he took off like a shot. He timed it just right to bite her butt on the last step. It was the house deal. The yard was ok but the house was different. Other people come over while he's in there but he never watched it from the outside. Actually Ann(old girlfriend)has and still does walk in and out with no problem. He stayed out for the night and in the morning I was talking to him on the back step and he was in a good mood and she stuck her hand out for him to sniff. It happened fast and I wouldn't normally have allowed it but some people think they know all about dogs and she did it and he chomped her in a flash. It was the same as when he chomped my mother's hand. She reached out quickly to let the dog sniff or some crap. Number one, I think he wasn't comfortable with her yet and number two there was some kinda house protection anxiety. She was a problem where she looked at me like I was nuts when I told her to give the dog commands. He wants to be told what to do even if it's get the ball or sit. People that come over and won't do any of this are useless to him and he treats them as such. He shouldn't bite but it's always some kinda failure in his meet and greet, figure out who's a boss deal.
We went out after and he was in the house. I came in first, he saw her coming in and ran across the room barking and I had to tackle him. He got muzzled and at this point she won't go near him to let him get used to her. I don't blame her but now I can't work it out.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:38 AM   #107 (permalink)

Took Maxx in the pool yesterday. He knows nothing about water except to drink. That's two dogs in a row that can't swim. I'm gonna have to take him to the pond for some practice.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #108 (permalink)

Last night when I was going to bed I stopped to pat him on the head at his bed and he growled at me. I called him out to sit for me to change his frame of mind. I grabbed his collar and he showed me his teeth and growled hard like I've never seen. He hid behind the kitchen table for a minute and I got him to come back out to sit and then told him to go lie down.
Sent a message to his behaviorist and am waiting for a response. He goes so long being very good and then aggression.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.