Austin area but Everyone read (listing removed) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Austin area but Everyone read (listing removed)

Craigslist:purebred german shepard

I came across this posting on Craigslist, and I will also copy/paste below in case the posting is flagged for removal. It seemed reasonable enough and I've had a couple friends comment about wanting to rescue a GSD ever since we brought Jackson home and they have seen how great he is, so I decided to text and ask for pictures/more info. I got pictures of a mostly black (85% probably) with a little tan puppy, which is totally fine. Jackson is an all black from a litter of more black than tan puppies. So then I ask for the rehoming fee (halfway thinking that she was legitimately just looking to find a good home for this girl). She tells me 800 because "that's what she paid for him". I of course laughed her away and she got really angry....am I the only one who finds per post incredibly misleading/dishonest? I hope for the dogs sake that someone ponies up the money...but considering this is Craigslist and everyone is on there looking for dogs that cost practically nothing it seems pretty unlikely. Anyway just thought I'd share....

Posting:

To make a long story short, I bought this dog from a breeder for a friend. We had an agreement that she would pay me back in monthly installments. This has not happened and the dog was abused. She was left outside from the day they got her(over two months ago), was never socialized and her collar was way too tight. It was cutting into her neck. She was left with food or water for at least a week. I took her back today and so far she's doinf amazing!!! She gets along fantasticly with my three dogs, one of which is her full sister from the same litter! She's a sweetheart once she warms up to you
Name: shadow Breed: full blooded german shepard with papers Age: 4 months (born july 10, 2012) Color: black with some tan WON'T BE READY FOR AT LEAST TWO WEEKS!! I want to work with her some and get her healthy again

I will not sell her to just anyone after the way she was treated. I will require a home check and for potential adopters to answer a short quiz on german shepards. This is to ensure she goes to an excelent family. She deserves that much. For info or pics text me at 512 234 ****
FirstTimeGSD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

It's a "sale" and is against CL terms of service.
msvette2u is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvette2u View Post
It's a "sale" and is against CL terms of service.
Yes, above all else it is also that. Welcome back btw...what's a fella gotta do to get banned around here?!
FirstTimeGSD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Two things:

1. Please follow the posting guidelines for this section found here Posting in Non-Urgent - Read First

2. Is this dog for sale? If so, she cannot be posted here.

ETA: The listing was removed by author so this thread will be locked.

Raven (GSD) - December 8, 2007
Kaiser (GSD) - November 2009
Holly (GSD) - March 24, 2011
Best Paw Forward
Champ's Fund
gsdraven is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.