German Shepherds Forum banner

After bad experience with Aria I would like to introduce ?

7K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  JessicaR 
#1 ·
Some of you read about my experience with my previous pup Aria, who, because her prey drive was very high and would not allow me to be boss forced me to have to send her back to the breeder.
On Monday I flew from Seattle to New York City to pick up my new puppy. I would like to introduce Alkarah's Nights on Broadway at Siebenmark. Her mother is a half sister to Aria, but temperament wise she is very different.
Not sure on name yet. I like Maddie, short for Madison but my daughter doesn't so that will be announced later.

Attachments

See less See more
#17 ·
How long did you wait before contacting breeder about your first one that didnt work out. I'm heart broken right now and torn on whether to keep our 5 month old. Hes so high energy drive and dominant that its hard sometimes to even enjoy him. I just dont know what to do. Totally different than my first GS. I hope your second cutie works out for you. I feel mine would be better with someone that can put him to work and do all the training that he is made for. But then I get upset on the idea of getting rid of him.

#19 ·
5 month olds can be brats and you have to work them through it. His mother wouldn't accept this either. Hire a good trainer and don't give up yet. He may turn out to be your dream dog when he is 2.5 years old (sorry).
Caroline, please remain vigilant about her, don't get blinded by the cuteness. She is wired for pack structure and currently in the soft fur-ball stage. Wait and see until she is about 11 weeks old. This is when the land sharks emerge. Hope you don't have to deal with this though. Not all of them do. Curious to follow your and her journey.
By the way, what has become of Aria?

#20 ·
To top it off we have been dealing with an awful land shark since 10-11 weeks old. Kids are afraid to play with him. They ask me first if he is in a biting mood. I'm trying to wait it out but I feel bad the longer I wait the more attached he will get to us and then making him start over. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.