German Shepherds Forum banner

Doing the happy dance here

900 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Mary Beth 
#1 ·
I just got of the phone with Aria's breeder. She is doing great and has settled back in really well.
As soon as she got home she was reintroduced to Mama and Aria very quickly was told who was in charge and that it wasn't her. Isa may be the smallest dog there but she rules that home and pack with an iron paw, one look and the dogs are put in their place. Aria has learned where her place is in the pack and no longer behaves around dogs the way that she did here.
The wife spends all day with the dogs. They have 4 gsd and a husky besides Aria. Other than one of Aria's brothers she has very little trouble with the rest, they are all very respectful of her and do exactly what she asks them to. Aria on the other hand will only respect her when she wants to. An example she gave was when she tried to walk with her and Aria would do nothing that she asked but as soon as her husband took the leash, Aria sat at heel and looked to him to see what he wanted her to do next. She was treating the wife exactly how she treated me and they understand now what I was going through with her. She told me that they could see from the way she behaves with the husband that I had definitely put a lot of training into her.

#2 ·
I can imagine that is a great relief to you that you are not the only one she is being difficult with. With her attachment to the breeder, that does explain a lot of her issues. It is commendable to you that were able to train her as much as you did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.