Anyone Getting A Puppy In 2016?!

21K views 111 replies 82 participants last post by  Gsdstorme 
#1 ·
Who's getting a puppy in 2016?

Breed?

Male or Female?

Name?

#2 ·
I am! I officially made up my mind on what breed to go with! Already made contact with 4 breeders, so sometime in 2016 I will get my puppy! :)

Breed? Doberman

Male or female? Female

Name? I don't want to say but the name has been picked out for quite a while.

My boys will be 7 years old and 3 years old when the little queen will be joining us. :D

#6 ·
I am on a wait list for a 2016 breeding.

Sex is undetermined but am looking for a working dog suitable for PSA.

Czech lines and will be imported.

I suck at names and have only ever really named one of my animals, my sister usually does that.. as long as it is unique I don't really care.

#10 ·
My bro in law just mentioned he is going to that show...he's a true collie enthusiast and just finished a second breeding.

Since I have had the benefit of a fair amount of exposure to collies ( all rough..not that it should matter ) I would suggest, for many of the folks in this GSD forum who are overwhelmed by the typical phases a GSD puppy goes through....that a collie might be the perfect dog for them. They are so much easier than a GSD pup and have such a calm to them...as long as they are not left to their own devices.

I hope you find the collie you are looking for.

SuperG

#15 ·
Probably not a puppy, leaning towards a young adult rescue in 2016. By that point I should be out of this apartment and in a place with a yard. With Rocky's DM I imagine he'll be gone by 2016 and Kopper loves having a brother. Kopper will be 5 and a young adult would be perfect.

#19 ·
Emoore, great to see you around!! I haven't been that active so might have missed it, but you should post updated photos of your boys :) Can't believe Kopper is 4 already either!

As for me...no puppy for me until 2019 at least :rofl: Originally the plan was to get a 2015-2016 puppy, but I have a dog (nonGSD and not a puppy) coming to me in a week or two :wub:

I do already know who I'll be going to for a puppy in 5 years though, granted that there will be an available litter for me. Might male or female, definitely a GSD and an IPO or PSA prospect but pet/companion first.

#20 ·
Yes! I am :)

Breed? Belgian Malinois

Male or female? Male

Name? Bram

Remy will be about 7.5 by then. I work in Forestry, so the dogs get to go to work every day. I will also be training in SAR as well as hopefully agility, obedience, dock diving, flyball and skijoring. Whatever the dog excels at! I've been planning for years now and the perfect litter should be coming up around the right time.

#21 ·
Planning to get a Beauceron male, name undetermined right now. Hopefully towards the end of 2016.

#23 ·
Maybe me as well, both my girls will be 3 by then. I figured I should let me mature a little bit more before adding in another youngster :p I'd get a male this go around I think. No name yet as it's still not set, but I am getting a list together of breeders that I am interested in.

#24 ·
I am really hoping to - late winter/early spring 2016. I want another GSD, a female this time as a buddy for my currently 11 month old male. He is Am. showlines - an absolute love, but pretty angulated and very mellow. He has been a wonderful first GSD for us.
I am just trying to figure out exactly what I want in number 2. In discussions with my breeder to see if she will be producing a litter that will have what I am looking for at that time. Thinking I want a little less angulation, more drive - I would like to try Schutzhund/IPO. I do however want something that can be a mellow house pet and tolerant of teenagers. Not sure whether I am ready or willing to deal with a full-blown working line animal with TONS of drive...I was thinking maybe something with German lines (I LOVE red and black, or all black). I have been seeing so many roach backs out there though. :(
Any thoughts?

#25 ·
I am!!! I will be getting another Shiloh, also male. I am waiting for a certain breeding and already on list for when it takes place. My current pup will be 2, both GSDs will be almost 9 and my oldest dog will be 13. Everything went so smoothly adding my pup last year and I am very pleased with how well things have gone.

#28 ·
Hopefully me since I had to pass on the litter I wanted a puppy from this year. :(

Breed: GSD

Male or female: Male

Name: I don't want to say the name yet.

I will be going through Huerta Hof, I will either get a sable, bicolor or black puppy but I am hoping for another black male. :wub:

#29 ·
Well it looks like my 2015 pup is being pushed to beginning of 2016 since circumstances warranted a delay. That's ok though, in due time!

Breed: Boerboel (BB)

Male or female: Female

Name: I won't say now. Haven't completely decided, but I have a few in mind :D

I will be getting her from Cammie with Select Reserve Boerboels.. color has yet to be determined, due to the possibilities of that litter.

#31 ·
So... I may be getting dog #3 in 2016. These are tentative plans.

I may also be raising a police prospect for the local canine unit in 2017.

#32 ·
We're buying a new house on acreage... so, it's happening!

Breed? German Shepherd (DDR/Czech working lines)

Female.

Name? Undecided! We shall see. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.