German Shepherds Forum banner

I can't decide between these two puppies and I get first pick!

4K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Lilie 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello GSD folks,

I have first pick at Adel haus.

The original male, which I've named Ghost, was who my breeder selected for me because he didn't have white on his chest or his paws.

However she liked the bigger me in the picture because both testes have dropped and he's a bigger male.

However I can't decide. My original ghost is smaller but no sign of white on paws or chest and (attached) teeth appears to be a correct bite? Yes or no.

What are you guys and gals opinions?

1.) bigger male (testes dropped) but white paw and small white on chest.

2.) smaller male (have not dropped) and no white paws or chest

Smaller ghosts teeth:

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Both so far are playful puppies.

I posted the pictures of the smaller ones bite as I thought that was the "worser" of the two, but compared to my current gsd major overbite these look great.

I like smaller ghost having no white on paw and chest ... But dwarfs compared to the bigger brother puppies are 7 weeks.

#4 ·
What is their temperament like?

ETA: LoveEcho, we posted at exactly the same time!

#7 ·
It would be nice if you could get more information than that they're both playful. Personally, I'd want a lot more detail about the puppies personalities before making a decision.

#8 ·
I just took all these pictures that's how I describe it. Little ghost hops around more seems independent and exploratory. Seems like listening to small comma ds.
Big one keeps to himself but when approached plays with you also independent maybe too independent.

#11 · (Edited)
My male was the largest of the litter at 5-8 weeks. He was very big. He is now two years old and weighs 80 pounds, 25" tall at the withers. It's not really something you can predict.

When it comes down to choosing a pup, you need to evaluate their personalities/temperament. Find out which one suits you more. I think a puppy that approaches you confidently and happily would be a good choice. I would stay away from a timid/cautious pup.

#10 ·
Whoops, didn't see the bite pics, sorry. Why did the breeder single these two out for you? What do they say about the bite? What are your plans for the dog?

Size means absolutely nothing right now. I had a large 8 week old who is hovering at 55 lbs at 9 months. My male was an enormous puppy as well and is 75 lbs at 4 years.

Edit: who is the "Ghost" in your signature?

#12 ·
Just based on the info given, I'd chose the better bite and dropped testes over the white. I don't like white on the feet at all, but on that puppy it looks like it may fade. Actually just based on the info posted, the bite would be my main reason.

#21 ·
Just based on the info given, I'd chose the better bite and dropped testes over the white. I don't like white on the feet at all, but on that puppy it looks like it may fade. Actually just based on the info posted, the bite would be my main reason.
Unless there was something terribly wrong with the jaw set....Couldn't the bite go south once puppy teeth fall out and adult teeth come in?

#13 ·
The small one with the bite picture if the BITE looks okay approached me with his three legged brother we approached. Very verbal ... Bigger one seemed more timid. Ember current dog which is outgoing and a very human like personality which I like reminded me of little one, but she has a severe overbite right now. So if the teeth picture I posted looks okay to you guys I think the smaller I'd better because it had no white paws and better personality. Also the bite picture does not have both testes dropped yet... But he also does not have the white paw.

But does the bite below look okay?

#14 ·
Both teeth shots are the smaller puppy.

I agree my dog ember was smaller than sister now she's bigger.

But also; the smaller has little to no visible
White. Which I like I'm not a fan of white socks. But my ember was unique and despite her overbite she's loved by a lot.

I just want to make sure the bite (which is left and right side of smaller puppy Look normal)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.