2.5 month old puppy - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2014, 12:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2.5 month old puppy

Hi, I am new to this forum. I recently went to view a gsd kennel and picked this male puppy from the litter. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if he looks healthy and im not missing anything from what i saw.

The kennel are champions locally and compete overseas, have featured in press releases... etc. I saw them wash and feed the dogs, and the puppy's vet papers seemed in check. They wouldn't release him until 12 weeks when he completes his vaccination.

The only thing that stood out was how easy it was to sell the dog to me. Perhaps I am being a bit paranoid, but would like people's opinion.

I am based in Hong Kong

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
2.5 month old puppy-img_1882.jpg   2.5 month old puppy-img_1873.jpg   2.5 month old puppy-img_1878.jpg   2.5 month old puppy-img_1876.jpg  
sledgod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2014, 09:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Does the pup come with a health guarantee? Some contracts will state that the owner has 24 hrs. to have the puppy checked over by a vet and if the vet finds something wrong the pup can be returned. Also, do you know if the pup's parents have good hips/elbows?
Old 07-18-2014, 01:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

The parents have good hips and elbows, both from good bloodlines in Europe. No guarantee was mentioned however, I shall enquire further on that.

I think the fact the owner saying he hasn't been for his shower, also made me question the place. All the puppies on this forum look way fluffier than the one i saw... his brothers and sisters were showered, and one of his siblings looked much smaller than the rest (ears standing fully at 8 weeks too), dont know if this is due to poor breeding or if its natural they vary a lot in size.
sledgod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2014, 09:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

There is usually the biggest in the litter, the smallest (the runt), and then the rest about the same or close to in a purebred litter. For a mixed bred litter, there can be a wide variation. You could inquire if they dna tested the puppies to determine the parentage. My Sting and all his littermates had to be tested because after the dam was bred to the chosen sire, that night another dog climbed the fence and mated with her. So of a litter of 12, 2 had one sire, and the rest another. For the coat, the puppy in the photo looks like a stockhair. It could be the puppy photos you have seen on the forum have longhair or plush coats.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.