Puppy here soon (mal) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2014, 02:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default Puppy here soon (mal)

Odin x Echo puppies - YouTube

Here's a first look at the Ot Vitosha C litter. They are 6 weeks old this Wednesday, so that means two more weeks before a trip to Florida to get the little maligator.

It's been a busy few weeks around here. I just a week ago got back from a two week long trip where I got to train with Lisa Gellers mondioring club, and also attended a Mia Skogster seminar at Leerburg.

We are in the process of constructing our own mondioring field here at the kennel and it is shaping up quite nicely. I'm pretty excited about not having to travel a bunch to train mock trials although that will still happen frequently. I also ordered a fitted Demanet semi comp suit which will probably not be here till September at the earliest but I'm excited about that.

One of the kennel dogs here named Monkey won a role in the upcoming MWD movie called Max. Filming is happening in NC, and Monkey will be playing an 8 month old puppy Max in the movie, so that's exciting too.

Anyway more pictures of the little guy soon to come.
Baillif is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2014, 02:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator & LOTR Addict

I have trained with a few Ivan dogs over the years. You should have a lot of fun with your pup.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena BH AD CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, and gone but not forgotten, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

lhczth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2014, 02:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Ooh all that sounds exciting!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
misslesleedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2014, 02:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

I read somewhere that these pups in particular have no "off switch". Perfect for you. ;-)
DutchKarin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2014, 02:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Wow lots of exciting things on the horizon! Congrats!

Hope there will be pics!
blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2014, 02:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Elite Member

I worked some Ivan dogs, always fun to work. Little pocket rockets that they are.

How was the Mia Skogster seminar? I'm a big fan of her work and training methods but I've never seen her teach others. Curious how good she was in delivering her knowledge to the participants?
ayoitzrimz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2014, 11:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Mia was interesting. I didn't have a working spot or anything and I don't do IPO so I didn't find a lot of what was done and talked about very applicable to mondio but it's good to see it anyway. I found the heavy use of helper line work interesting and it's good to see that perspective. There were some interesting two tug techniques to teach dogs to use full mouth grips.

So a bit more exciting news. All the mals at the kennel will be heading to filming Thursday for bit parts in the film. So even Zebu will get in on the filming.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

Sounds exciting.

And, even though I am not a huge fan of going out to watch movies, I am now planning on trying to see Max. Neat!
BorderKelpie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2014, 12:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Default Crank

Crank Ot Vitosha is here. He got in last night and as soon as he got free of the crate he was shipped in he went in for some bites.

I tried to get him to go for a tug and he went for my leg instead. Luckily I was wearing pants. Unluckily he is a natural pusher and found leg anyway. He stimulates very quickly and turns off pretty quick as well. The iPhone alarm went off this morning and he sprung up and went for the comforter. Very nice genetic grips and gets cranked up super easily.

Super confident and social dog. Made it through the night no messes although was a bit loud from time to time.

More pictures to come when I'm less busy.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

Lol but how do you stop all the biting??!! Is he dominant?

Seriously though nice looking pup.
Such shy animals are in all circumstances an encumbrance to their owner, who must be ashamed of such a dog, and a disgrace to their race. Under no circumstances whatever must they be used for breeding, however noble and striking they may appear.
Blitzkrieg1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.