German Shepherds Forum banner

Puppy here soon (mal)

7K views 46 replies 28 participants last post by  MyHans-someBoy 
#1 ·
Odin x Echo puppies - YouTube

Here's a first look at the Ot Vitosha C litter. They are 6 weeks old this Wednesday, so that means two more weeks before a trip to Florida to get the little maligator.

It's been a busy few weeks around here. I just a week ago got back from a two week long trip where I got to train with Lisa Gellers mondioring club, and also attended a Mia Skogster seminar at Leerburg.

We are in the process of constructing our own mondioring field here at the kennel and it is shaping up quite nicely. I'm pretty excited about not having to travel a bunch to train mock trials although that will still happen frequently. I also ordered a fitted Demanet semi comp suit which will probably not be here till September at the earliest but I'm excited about that.

One of the kennel dogs here named Monkey won a role in the upcoming MWD movie called Max. Filming is happening in NC, and Monkey will be playing an 8 month old puppy Max in the movie, so that's exciting too.

Anyway more pictures of the little guy soon to come.

See less See more
#2 ·
I have trained with a few Ivan dogs over the years. You should have a lot of fun with your pup.

#7 ·
Mia was interesting. I didn't have a working spot or anything and I don't do IPO so I didn't find a lot of what was done and talked about very applicable to mondio but it's good to see it anyway. I found the heavy use of helper line work interesting and it's good to see that perspective. There were some interesting two tug techniques to teach dogs to use full mouth grips.

So a bit more exciting news. All the mals at the kennel will be heading to filming Thursday for bit parts in the film. So even Zebu will get in on the filming.

#9 ·
Crank

Crank Ot Vitosha is here. He got in last night and as soon as he got free of the crate he was shipped in he went in for some bites.

I tried to get him to go for a tug and he went for my leg instead. Luckily I was wearing pants. Unluckily he is a natural pusher and found leg anyway. He stimulates very quickly and turns off pretty quick as well. The iPhone alarm went off this morning and he sprung up and went for the comforter. Very nice genetic grips and gets cranked up super easily.

Super confident and social dog. Made it through the night no messes although was a bit loud from time to time.

More pictures to come when I'm less busy.

#21 ·
He's been interesting. I thought Zebu was bad at 8 weeks but Crank has him topped for sure. Biting is a huge part of his identity. Probably more than half. He's very hard to disuade. He's very strong and blocky for 8 weeks. My favorite part about him is he will leg bite a person just standing there minding their own business and not working him. He just clamps on pushes for full mouth on his own and sits there making direct eye contact. He gets a pass on that for now but pretty soon he's going to be disuaded.

#25 ·
Awesome pup. I'll be following his progression. Crank...that's just such a cool name and so fitting.

As I recall, you were looking for a super high drive pup. Seems like your wish has been granted. I'm interested to see how you harness that drive.

I'd love to see some videos too. I distinctly recall the one you did with Zebu. I strive to see my pup respond similarly--with enthusiasm, drive and sustained focus.

What I don't see very much of, however, is a trainer working with an untrained dog. Usually, vids show a proofed dog responding very well to commands. Yeah, I get the fact that trainers want to show their work and highlight the successes. But seeing a dog trained from zero would be so very informative.

Best of luck with Crank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.