The best GSD Puppy out of a litter - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2014, 07:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default The best GSD Puppy out of a litter

Hi,
My gsd bitch is pregnant nd soon she z gonna give birth to her puppies. I need a puppy out of that litter which is best for guarding . Kindly tell me the criteria how can i choose this kind of a puppy out of that litter. What type of behsviour do i need to see in that puppy.
I'll be glad to know your answer. Thanks

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
thedude4440 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2014, 08:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

The bitch is 11 months old and has soft ears.

9 month old female gsd ears doesnt stand all the time? Is this normal?

Guard dog temperament is seen in the parents. Are the parents guard dog material?
I think you are not in the US, correct?

Last edited by Sunflowers; 01-21-2014 at 08:56 AM.
Sunflowers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2014, 09:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Elite Member

If your bitch is that young, how do you know she carries the guard instinct you are looking for? What 'test' did you do on her to check for it? What I mean by that is, did you do training for protection and she exhibits good guarding instinct? Does the sire exhibit the traits you are looking for in a pup? If neither parent has what you are looking for in a pup, you will not get a pup with it. Simple genetics.
dawnandjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2014, 10:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowers View Post
The bitch is 11 months old and has soft ears.

9 month old female gsd ears doesnt stand all the time? Is this normal?

Guard dog temperament is seen in the parents. Are the parents guard dog material?
I think you are not in the US, correct?
Yes , i am not in US.
And the bitch has the guarding temperament as well. Is that necessary that all puppies will be guard like her ?
I want the best among these... Just asked that how do i know the best one in puppies...thanx for your answer

Old 01-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnandjr View Post
If your bitch is that young, how do you know she carries the guard instinct you are looking for? What 'test' did you do on her to check for it? What I mean by that is, did you do training for protection and she exhibits good guarding instinct? Does the sire exhibit the traits you are looking for in a pup? If neither parent has what you are looking for in a pup, you will not get a pup with it. Simple genetics.
She is a very good guard though. At night she just behaves like our very personal guard. Our house is large one with big area around belonging to us. She go and check every movement or sound made in any area to figure it out . Somedays earlier she caught a thief in our yard and made him run out of our house. Every moment she is very protective of our boundary. She protects all the family members from anything she considers harmful for us. i tested her protective nature when i put myself in a situation where a person was acting to beat me with stick ..she jumped over him while i was holding the leash. she grabbed the stick nd kept circling around me round and round so that person cant attack me again . So i can hope puppies like her ? But i want to get the best guarding pup out of litter . Any further tips?
Thnx for your reply

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.