German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Finding the Right Puppy (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/finding-right-puppy/)
-   -   German shepherds (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/finding-right-puppy/392426-german-shepherds.html)

Lobobear44 01-07-2014 12:40 AM

German shepherds

Who do you want your German shepherd? I want a companion who is loyal, playful, energetic, outgoing, ready to do anything, easily trainable, don't mind if he is sorta aloof, lovable and can't describe in words well. One who is willing to do anything. He will be trained with Positive Reinforcement only NO dominance. Can't believe I fell for that manipulative Cesar Millan dominance training at one time. I will love my dogs who ever they are. I don't mind what color he can be any that is the least concerns. He/she will be solid temperament, guaranteed health, a fitting personality, list goes on. He will not miss out and will understand my philosphy of now or future's. A different idealistic that stands out from the majority. One that has without any regrets. Just following the majority who follows the same single philosophy seems silly. I made my mistake of humanizing dogs, but I learned from my mistake not to make that same mistake again. Just love learning more learn something new almost everyday. No longer just sit in the house trying to cuddle unless it is night time and we are tired or one of us are sick in bed or just getting discharge from the hospital recovering from infections. I am going to be known as the greatest hero dog whisperer and help out animals! :) I am a dreamer, a ninja, a splendid dog handler hokage level, a main character. Handle dogs who are shy, aggressive, leash reactive, had challenges. German shepherds are more docile than beagles, toy poodles, maltese, chiuhuahau, little kids, Brian Griffin, and etc. Comparing me to handle a beagle rather than a German shepherd feels offensive. What is your ideal German shepherd?

d4mmo 01-07-2014 08:24 AM

did you just smoke a joint by any chance?

LaRen616 01-07-2014 08:27 AM

:confused::shrug: :crazy: :thinking::help:

jocoyn 01-07-2014 08:28 AM

Narcissism. Google it kid. Uh, you do know Brian Griffin (rest his soul) was a cartoon?

JakodaCD OA 01-07-2014 08:35 AM

I think it's "what do you want in a german shepherd" not "who".

Sorry to be the language corrector.

Come back when you've owned and trained a challenging dog , not ones that are already basically trained, owned by others, and tell us what your philosophy is.

Until you've done it and lived it, your philosophy is just words.

LaRen616 01-07-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lobobear44 (Post 4787050)
I am a dreamer, a ninja, a splendid dog handler hokage level, a main character.

I love this! :laugh:

ozzymama 01-07-2014 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaRen616 (Post 4787682)
I love this! :laugh:

I had to google what it meant. I once shot 5 ducks in a row on Duck Hunter, yet I only got 2 turkeys this year and spent days out hunting... I wish those forums for discussing how to be a video game ninja were actual places, I'd have so much lunch money right now ;)

I love that dogs are equal to humans, but there is a hierarchy there too, a beagle is not as good as a GSD.

Sunflowers 01-07-2014 08:49 AM

You will go very far in life if you get off the internet and focus all this enthusiasm on your schoolwork.

LoveEcho 01-07-2014 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunflowers (Post 4787746)
You will go very far in life if you get off the internet and focus all this enthusiasm on your schoolwork.

He's 18... might not still be in school. But this sort of talk from an 18 year old makes me wonder what other issues are there (and if that is the case... where the heck the parents are).

alexg 01-07-2014 09:16 AM

Get help. Soon.