DDR litter what do you think. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 11:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation DDR litter what do you think.

Im looking at a pick of the litter male out of this DDR breeding.

Sire: Rex vom Ludwigseck
Rex vom Ludwigseck

Dam: Suki vom Mosby Haus
Suki Vom Mosby Haus

Some one told me that dams father SG Racker vom Gleisdreieck does not produce. Looking at the pedigree from my POV. It looks ok , I just want opinions if you would please all would be much appreciated. Also I want to just have a good all around dog not to extreme but I want something that will turn on and off. Pups being born right now.

Last edited by mharrisonjr26; 01-29-2013 at 11:59 PM.
mharrisonjr26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

What are your plans for the puppy? Any working venues?

I am not familiar so much with the lines (leave that to the experts) but I see a little that I know..
Old 01-30-2013, 12:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

Im going to take this pup as far as I can go with him. Be it obedience, personal protection, tracking, agility, schutzhund all the above. I would like to know if any body recognizes any problems with nerve and gameness.

Last edited by mharrisonjr26; 01-30-2013 at 12:24 AM.
mharrisonjr26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 02:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

According to Al Gill, Racker's owner, he had a lot of police dogs out of litters from Racker. So when someone says "he doesn't produce"--what are they referring to?

BlackthornGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 02:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Elite Member

To address the actual pedigree--the pedigrees are very good. The combination is should be pretty nice. Rex's brother's Ron and Roxy have been good producers for hips and good looks and solid working ability. I don't know anything specifically about Rex.

I like Racker's pedigree quite a lot--he's about 3/4 old DDR bloodlines, with one line going back to older working lines and herding lines. You can find some very good videos online of him working and I really like what he shows.

Suki's mom is all DDR bloodlines--her mom is pretty strong DDR lines with pretty good reputation for working ability.

But neither Suki or her mom seem to have any info for hips or elbows--and no working titles given either. That makes them rather an unknown and I'd want the breeder to be able to fill in some of that information.

As always, I'd check carefully into the individual parents--what are their hip/elbow ratings, have they ever worked, what are their temperaments like, and so on.

BlackthornGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 08:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I am not as big a fan of today's DDR dogs in terms of working as maybe twenty years ago, but I do think this will probably be a breeding in which you can get what you described you want in the dog...Good Luck
cliffson1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thank you all for the cooments.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

I see a couple dogs I recognize as well (and a few from my own upcoming pup), but don't know enough about different lines to give you an opinion.

Strictly from a HEALTH aspect, I would be concerned that the sire is only OFA fair (I know, fair is still passing), but the b*tch has no testing. Makes me feel that perhaps these two were purchased or put together simply because of their lines and not because of their OWN drives/working ability (I know some breeders, seems to be more in the mal world, that don't do a ton of OFA testing and simply go off working ability and what is produced, but still). If you were serious about doing sport work, I would want a little better guarantee of a HD free dog. And a good contract to back those hips up.

Berlin vom Spartanville 1/13/13
Zeke 5/25/07
Luther 2008 - 7/23/12

"Take this trouble from me: Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim." Max Von Stephanitz
Anubis_Star is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis_Star View Post
I see a couple dogs I recognize as well (and a few from my own upcoming pup), but don't know enough about different lines to give you an opinion.

Strictly from a HEALTH aspect, I would be concerned that the sire is only OFA fair (I know, fair is still passing), but the b*tch has no testing. Makes me feel that perhaps these two were purchased or put together simply because of their lines and not because of their OWN drives/working ability (I know some breeders, seems to be more in the mal world, that don't do a ton of OFA testing and simply go off working ability and what is produced, but still). If you were serious about doing sport work, I would want a little better guarantee of a HD free dog. And a good contract to back those hips up.
You have a great point. I have asked about a health guarantee. Breeder has it covered in the contract, and is prepared should something go wrong health wise.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.