Accidental Inbreeding by brother sister - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I know of an 'accidental' breeding by siblings. The owners were on vacation and the female was in heat. Her adult son let the male jump fence and it happened. The vet told the owner to let them go through with the whelp(bad advice!!!) 3 pups were born, two were blues and one black. One of the blue ones was not intelligent("stupid") according to the owner.
They kept two, gave one to a family member. They seemed healthy and fairly decent temperament when I saw them around a yr of age. I haven't kept up with the owners to know if they stayed that way, or if they still even have them.

They had a few GSD's and they were all outside dogs. They own a junkyard nearby, dogs were junkyard dogs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #22 (permalink)
Doc
Elite Member

As a breeder I would not want one but as a pet, it's hard to pass up a free purebred.
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I wouldn't even want one then, I've dealt with enough health and temperament issues with a poorly bred one, even if she's purebred....purebred doesn't matter. The only way I'd take one is if were in a shelter with the threat of being euth'd.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx'girl View Post
I wouldn't even want one then, I've dealt with enough health and temperament issues with a poorly bred one, even if she's purebred....purebred doesn't matter. The only way I'd take one is if were in a shelter with the threat of being euth'd.
Couldn't agree more.

What's the price of a dog have to do with anything when it comes to the potential health and temperament problems of inbreeding like this? And the dogs/puppies are barely even a year old?? What does being purebred have to do with anything? I'd actually rather have an unknown mutt than an inbred dog like this, but that's just me.

Save now, pay later, I guess. Instant gratification.
Lucy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
Elite Member

In general, a 1x inbreeding cross like this is somewhat less likely to create problems--or the problems you see will be obvious and will probably prevent the pup from being born alive.

I worry more about pups from products of generations of close linebreeding and heavy inbreeding--that's when you get pups who seem healthy but end up developing all sorts of issues.

The bloodlines are good ones, although I would expect high drives and lots of intensity.

BlackthornGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 12:37 AM   #26 (permalink)

Yes - accidents happen. Nobody is perfect. I managed to go 5 years with intact males and females without a problem. It only took one moment of stupidity on my part and there was an "accidental" breeding between mother and son.

I also don't consider it irresponsible on my part that I allowed the pregnancy to go to term. I was NOT going to spay my girl - she is my foundation bitch and, in my opinion, an almost perfect specimen of her breed (Chinese Crested).

I refuse to use the Mismate shots as they can be very dangerous for the bitch.

The pups were born, spoken for within a few weeks and of the four pups, three of them are being shown in confirmation and one if turning the heads of well-known Crested breeders.

Dogs don't consider it disgusting or appalling or even WRONG to breed with their mother, sister, brother or father. There's no inset in the animal kingdom. In the wild wolves will interbreed.

It's not ideal but it's also not necessarily the end of the world.
Chimanes Spice it Up Piquin (Kaynya) - Chinese Crested
Nator von Triton HIC CGC (Mauser) - LC GSD
Piquins Some Like it Hot (Spike) Chinese Crested
Piquins Too Hot To Handle - (Fuego) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Wasabi (Sabi) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Super Hot (Clark) - Chinese Crested
Banzai, Cloe, Mocha - Felines Extraordinaire
Neke, Tessa, Remi, Sadie, Riggs, Sasha, Tazer - DK, Mozart, Zoe - Gone but not forgotten

Last edited by Castlemaid; 01-09-2013 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Removed part of post.
Lauri & The Gang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 12:38 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleigh View Post
If you had a daughter and a son, would you let them have children?
It is completely different with animals. There is no social stigma associated with in-breeding.

Used correctly, in-breeding can be a VERY good thing.
Chimanes Spice it Up Piquin (Kaynya) - Chinese Crested
Nator von Triton HIC CGC (Mauser) - LC GSD
Piquins Some Like it Hot (Spike) Chinese Crested
Piquins Too Hot To Handle - (Fuego) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Wasabi (Sabi) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Super Hot (Clark) - Chinese Crested
Banzai, Cloe, Mocha - Felines Extraordinaire
Neke, Tessa, Remi, Sadie, Riggs, Sasha, Tazer - DK, Mozart, Zoe - Gone but not forgotten
Lauri & The Gang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 01:07 AM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihtsbih09 View Post
Ok. So I have a question. I am looking to purchase my first GSD and I have contacted a trainer/breeder and she doesn't have any dogs available but she has a former client of hers who bought two dogs from her male and female from the same litter and there was an accidental breeding. And that is why the puppies will be cheap. Both parent dogs are extremely healthy and come from great bloodlines. I just dont know what to do. Any thoughts?
According to genetics - I would guess that any traits in the dogs would probably be magnified!
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 01:46 AM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
I wouldn't pay for one, but I'd probably take one for free. I have more issues with the age of the dogs and "accidentally" breeding than the inbreeding or the pedigree.
This exactly.

***Post quoted had been edited by ADMIN***

Last edited by Castlemaid; 01-09-2013 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Quote had been edited by ADMIN
msvette2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 01:47 AM   #30 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
I wouldn't pay for one, but I'd probably take one for free. I have more issues with the age of the dogs and "accidentally" breeding than the inbreeding or the pedigree.

Agree.
One for free would be a good deal.
The whole inbreeding thing is neither here nor there really. Incest does not exist in the animal kingdom and will not "create" health issues.....but can exaggerate something that is already present.....GOOD and bad.
sparra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.