German Shepherds Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago Vom Patriot - Does Anyone Have His Pups?

15K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Cassidy's Mom 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! We are looking for our first GSD and really like Drago Vom Patriot. We like his size and coloring and want a good family protection dog. We have talked to two breeders who will have his pups available soon and they both said they will be a handful. Does anyone have any of his puppies? How are they? Crazy high energy? Aggressive? Any help would be appreciated!

#2 ·
I do believe Frank Phillips, a member here, owns a Drago son.... could be wrong... but I think he does.

#5 ·
Cant speak on the male's side, but the female is similarly bred as my dog. He is a great all-arounder! Nice, stable mind, likes to please, fun, happy. He has a wonderful alert bark, but quiets down when asked. Other folks on here have dogs with similar lines and enjoy them as well.

#9 ·
Drago is an intense, full of attitude dog. Not a points dog - reminds us of the dogs that were competing back in 2002-2003. Talked about that with Gary, when he had Drago up here for our helper seminar mid Nov. and we got to see him work a bit and spend time with him. Got some great fotos ...Gary brought up again the other week, when they were up for our IPO trial.

Denise, who did a repeat breeding (she is the breeder of Frank's dog) and I talk about what we are seeing, comparisons to the prior litter, etc. It is nice to talk to another breeder (who also trains and competes - Denise does in IPO AND Agility) about similar breedings.

The pups (that we are both seeing) are strong, attitude, vocal, quick to learn and figure out things. Into, over and through everything. Drago produces strong females - Denise stated this as well, from her experience with the prior breeding (she kept a female back).

#12 ·
I have been following Drago for a little bit now and your litters as well. I like a strong female. This is very nice to hear.

Definitely would not mind owning a pup out of Drago, especially a nice female.

I have heard good things about him.

No 'hands on knowledge' so no help there, but I have done a bit of research and like what I know so far.

Congrats on the great litter Sue!

#11 ·
I'm looking at a pup from his uncle, Nick del Lupo Nero, I've heard a lot of good things about Drago and also his father. I still need to look up how Nick works, but I'm basing my decision mostly on the female and my trust of the breeder.

The vocal part scares me though, I have a very quiet, confident shepherd right now, and really don't want one that whines/barks/speaks all the time.

#14 ·
This is a very old thread, the OP has not been active on the board for almost 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.