German Shepherds Forum banner

Not sure if my gsd pup is pure or mix breed.. Help needed.

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  nitemares 
#1 ·
I have a 4weeks old gsd pup and i dont whether its a pure breed or not. My cousin ask me and i get confused. Plz help mee. Floor Tile Flooring Rodent Muridae
Dog breed Canidae Puppy Muridae Fawn
Canidae Dog Dog breed Hand Fawn

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

See less See more
#6 ·
Sable is one color that German Shepherds come in. Did something happen to his mother? He is very young to be away from his mother.

#15 ·
Exactly but he is quite healthy

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

A puppy only on powdered milk may be surviving, but it is not possible for it to be healthy. The pup looks FAR too small to be four weeks. Four weeks eyes are open, they are usually up and playing. If you want this puppy to survive, please bring it to a vet and let them give you some basic instructions on how to care for it. Why was it taken from its mother so early?

#11 ·
All of these pics are really blurry and small. All I can really see is his color. I am no expert at all, as I am not even sure about my own pup. :) But, has anyone spoken to you about separation anxiety? Also, you may want to ask on the feeding board and more importantly talk to your vet. He shouldn't be on powdered milk. Mothers milk, like with babies, is the best for pups. He will def. need more nutrition than what powdered milk can offer. Good luck with your pup.

#12 ·
powdered milk has no fat , essential for BRAIN , it has no IMMUNITY which would be in the mother's milk , ... this is bad - maybe you took the dog on because otherwise someone may have tossed him in the garbage? In that case , good.

Your thread should have been help me feed this dog so that he will have a decent chance at life to be healthy -- not being worried about the breed --

never mind breed -- and don't breed this dog -- enough cruelty already

#13 ·
he looks too small for a 4 week old.. these are recent pictures? I agree with everyone, powdered milk is not good.. try to get some other kind of milk in consultation with your vet.. regular cow's milk also doesn't suit a pup (diarrhoea).. U have to be really careful with him!

#14 ·
I shutter to think of what will become of this poor dog...he has had the worst start a puppy could have...and his person is worried about if he is a purebred??? So sad...he'll be lucky to make it through the next year.

#16 ·
From what I gather From the pictures, he seems to be not in the USA. unfortunately in the Middle east BYB tend to remove the pups early from the mother to allow her to breed again sooner. :(
4 weeks is normal where i live (except for responsible breeders which are very very very few) and some get their pups even smaller because, listen to this, this will help the dog bond with it's owner and never bite him cause the dog with be allowed and taught to be aggressive to "guard" the owner.
It's sickening and heart breaking how many pups die of parvo or other easily treatable diseases just because the pup was not allowed to build a healthy immune system by simply being with their mother. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.