Puppy got stepped on....how bad is it???? - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #21 (permalink)

Ok, I have decided to not purchase a pup from this breeder after all. It's a long story but certain other things have popped up unfortunately. I am a bit disappointed because I have purchased from them before but anyway....

Question: does anyone know of a female puppy (black/tan or black/red) available from a reputable breeder. I am willing to drive. Heck, I was willing to drive 900 miles in the first place. I live in Texas.

Thanks everyone!
GSDcalab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #22 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I'm glad you decided against the pup....could have been lifelong management w/ the temperament. Good luck in your search!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
onyx'girl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #23 (permalink)
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Hi,

Sorry things didn't work out, but sounds like it is for the best. Maybe start another thread about your puppy search.

Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena BH AD CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, and gone but not forgotten, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

lhczth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #24 (permalink)

Default Wise decision

One of our dogs, Pele, was a timid pup. I love her to death (she is 11 now) but she never got over being a shy, timid dog. It was okay for us because our alpha female, Peanut, is anything but timid and also is very kind-hearted to all other animals and has always just taken care of Pele and allowed her to "shadow" her. But we have always had to watch Pele and guard against fear biting of strangers and for years she would submissively urinate if anyone looked at her too directly.

In many ways I am most proud of us raising Pele because most people would have gotten rid of her. She is just a black mutt and she has issues, you know? But she has been a great dog in a lot of ways. We just had to understand and manage her.

Next to raising our kids, I think the day Pele came without prompting and offered her paw to a frequent visitor to our home was one of my proudest moments, lol. She has grown a LOT.
Muneraven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #25 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I am glad you passed on this puppy. I am sorry, but if the pup wouldn't play with the littermates, and is having a significant change in behavior, it very well can have internal injuries, as well as structural damage. Or it can have weak nerves. In any case, injury + change of behavior = vet visit. Not doing that, would be a deal breaker for me.
Ninja, RN CGC & Milla, RN CGC
Joy, Star Puppy, RN CGC
Dolly CGC & Bear CGC
Hepzibah
selzer is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what the 2x4 is made of.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.