Gildaf, Schraderhaus, Spartanville? Help! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Elite Member

Default Gildaf, Schraderhaus, Spartanville? Help!

I am going to be getting another puppy in a few years, and am very interested in Vom Gildaf, Spartanville, and Schraderhaus as breeders. I am looking for a full DDR puppy.

Do any of you have any personal experience with these breeders or own dogs from these kennels? Temperment is so very, very important to me! I am trying to gather as much info as I can before putting down any deposits. I would also LOVE to see pictures of your dogs if they are from these breeders!!

Thanks everyone!

http://www.gildafk9.com/

http://www.spartanville.com/

http://www.schraderhausk9.com/

Jackson- DDR/WGSL 5/5/10
Tinah vom Gildaf- DDR 4/29/13
PupperLove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Contact Melinda at vom Gildaf. She has some litters coming up soon. She works and knows her lines and is actually breeding with a purpose. Great to work with and has some awesome dogs.

I don't know when you're looking for a pup, but I know she's having a litter with Robin's (huerta) Izzy coming up soon. Jump on that if there's any available.

Last edited by Lucy Dog; 06-21-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Lucy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to HEINOLFGSD

I got a puppy from vom Gildaf back in 2008. Her name is Blaise vom Gildaf "Blaise". Her sire is Puck vom Grafental (who is, I believe, still owned by Spartanville) and her dam is Brazen vom haus Behm. She is an amazing dog and has a great temperament. She is also a full sibling to Altpeter "Peter" and Buzz.

Here are some pictures:

I bought a female from Melinda back in 2010 as well. She didn't breed her but imported her from Germany. Her name is Sadie and I couldn't be happier with her!

I am also getting another puppy from Melinda next year (the Kantor x Edge breeding) I have pick male and am so excited about this breeding. It's full DDR. I'm not sure if this is the breeding you're looking at?

I've been in contact with Melinda since 2008 have only good things to say about her. I really like her and her breeding program (obviously or I wouldn't keep buying dogs from her LOL). She's an awesome person and really knows how to raise puppies. I HIGHLY recommend her!
Sadie (b. 02-08-10)
Jerry Lee (b. 05-08-10)
Emila (b. 04-12-11)
Kodey (b. 04-03-12)
Thompson (b. 11-21-12)
Phee (b. 04-29-13)

Last edited by HEINOLFGSD; 06-21-2012 at 10:18 PM.
HEINOLFGSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

No personal experience, but I want a pup out of Gildaf's Cantor really bad!

At the Bridge:
Cash van der Animal Shelter 2006-2010
Emoore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoore View Post
No personal experience, but I want a pup out of Gildaf's Cantor really bad!
Love Kantor. I was seriously considering a litter from him for early next year. Still may if plan A falls through. I've never met him, but have heard nothing but good things about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vomheinolf View Post
I am also getting another puppy from Melinda next year (the Kantor x Edge breeding) I have pick male and am so excited about this breeding. It's full DDR. I'm not sure if this is the breeding you're looking at?
So you were who had first choice of that litter! I could have been second in line. That was the litter I really liked.
Lucy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2012, 10:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
I got a puppy from vom Gildaf back in 2008. Her name is Blaise vom Gildaf "Blaise". Her sire is Puck vom Grafental (who is, I believe, still owned by Spartanville) and her dam is Brazen vom haus Behm. She is an amazing dog and has a great temperament.

Here are some pictures:

I bought a female from Melinda back in 2010 as well. She didn't breed her but imported her from Germany. Her name is Sadie and I couldn't be happier with her!

I've been in contact with Melinda since 2008 have only good things to say about her. I really like her and her breeding program (obviously or I wouldn't keep buying dogs from her LOL). She's an awesome person and really knows how to raise puppies. I HIGHLY recommend her!
Gorgeous!

You are so lucky to be getting a Kantor x Edge puppy, OMG. That is a gorgeous pair. I told my husband today- if I decide to go with a Gildaf pup, I want a Kantor x Edge female. And Edge, being a Schraderhaus female helps satisfy my indecisiveness, lol! I would also prefer to actually visit the kennel, which would be a huge plus since I'm 2 and a half hours or so from Gildaf.

Jackson- DDR/WGSL 5/5/10
Old 06-21-2012, 10:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Elite Member

So far, I am looking at 2014/2015 as the time to get the puppy....it seems so far away! But I have a 1 year old baby right now, and Jackson just turned two, so I want to have Jackson be at least 4 or 5 years before adding another puppy. Plus I need to save some $$$, lol! I'm super excited though...

Jackson- DDR/WGSL 5/5/10
Old 06-21-2012, 10:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Dog View Post
Contact Melinda at vom Gildaf. She has some litters coming up soon. She works and knows her lines and is actually breeding with a purpose. Great to work with and has some awesome dogs.

I don't know when you're looking for a pup, but I know she's having a litter with Robin's (huerta) Izzy coming up soon. Jump on that if there's any available.
Thanks for the info! I haven't actually contacted any breeders yet via phone or in person, so this is nice to hear.

Jackson- DDR/WGSL 5/5/10
Old 06-21-2012, 11:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member

Anyone else?? I'd love to see pictures and hear about your dogs/experiences!

Jackson- DDR/WGSL 5/5/10
Old 06-21-2012, 11:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:

Oh man I was drooling over that breeding. But I need a puppy right now like I need a hole in the head.

At the Bridge:
Cash van der Animal Shelter 2006-2010
Emoore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.