Parson Creek Shepherds? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Parson Creek Shepherds?

Hello all,

So my family and I have been looking specifically for a white long-haired shepherd (preferrably female). Obviously our primary concern is health and temperament but we're also interested in doing obedience and agility. Although we're certainly prepared to wait several months for the right dog, we just happened to run across a very nice looking female at Parsons Creek Shepherds Litters . Unfortunately they're in Oregon and we're in Virginia so it's not really possible for us to visit the kennel. I also haven't been able to find a whole lot of information on this breeder, though both the mother and father seem to be well regarded white shepherds (Surefire's Obi-Wan Kinobi and Regalwise Annika). Does anyone here have first-hand knowledge of the breeder and/or sire and dam? Any other knowledge of either lines?

We're specifically interested in the red collared girl in the above link. Based on our research, she looks ideal. I'd love to hear what anyone here thinks. I'm somewhat nervous about purchasing a puppy from the other side of the country without visiting the breeder or having first-hand knowledge of the dogs unless they come well recommended.

Thanks for any input you can provide!

Chris
CMeredith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LARHAGE

I think she is absolutely adorable, I'm sorry I don't know anything about specific white breeders but this appears to me to be a nice breeder, they show and xrayed the parents who are very nice in my opinion, I wouldn't have any problem purchasing from them, there are a couple of good white breeders on this board, hopefully they will see this post and chime in, and don't worry about shipping without seeing the puppies, I had my puppy shipped from Michigan to California and couldn't possibly be any happier with him. Good luck to you, she's precious.

To err is human, to forgive, is canine.
LARHAGE is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

I appreciate you confirming my sense of the breeder. My experience has been very positive with her so far. I too hope that some of the white shepherd breeders see this and chime in.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I'm sorry i cant help! But i can honestly say, those are some beautiful dogs and those puppies make me want a white shepherd. I dont handle white clothes very well so a white dog wouldnt manage to stay even close to it in this house! But good gosh they are cute!!
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus CA 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 02:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Jessiewessie99 Send a message via Yahoo to Jessiewessie99 Send a message via Skype™ to Jessiewessie99

Beautiful dogs and adorable puppies!!

I would contact WhiteShepherds on here. Hopefully she will chime in here. She is someone I would talk to if I were looking into getting a WGSD.

Molly-GSD ✔ Certified Ninja Dog
Tanner-GSD ✔ Certified Lovebug
RIP:
Max & Simba
"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible."-George Chakiris, as said by Agent Derek Mogan
Jessiewessie99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 02:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Crowned Member

If you want to look at dogs a little closer to home, Victorious White Shepherds is in New York state. Looks like she has two breedings planned but hasn't listed the sires yet. (Both of her females are longstock)http://victoriouswhiteshepherds.com/Future_Litters.html Poke around her website, you might like what you see.

That's not a knock on Parsons Creek btw, just thought I'd point out a breeder that's a little closer to Virginia in case you were looking for more options.
Whiteshepherds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

I've seen the Victorious website before and I do like the look of them very much. Both her and Braehead look like great choices here on the East Coast. Coincidentally, it looks like both Victorious and Parsons are using similar lines (Surefire and Regalwise), which is a good sign.

Thanks for your input!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Oh what a gorgeous puppy! She is going to be a stunning adult dog - you can just see it! She sounds perfect for what you are looking for - love that she is described as "feisty", that's awesome! I've looked at Obi offspring before - he is my ideal White GSD, I just like the long coats and he produces them too. Good luck and do let us know if you get her. Shipping a puppy is not awful and I think you could completely trust the breeder that you would get a great puppy. Good luck!

www.SpiritedShepherds.com
IntCH Blackthorn's Onyx RN RA BN CGC TDI ~ Nyxie (LC GSD)
Int JuA Spirited Glory of Brick Chapel ~ Glory (Shiloh Shepherd)
Nat BA Spirited's Twilight Sparkle of Lobo ~ Tala (Aussie)
spiritsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Elite Member

Beautiful pups. I love to look at the white GSD puppies. I get some idea of what Scarlett must have looked like.

If you are going through hades, keep going!
Scarlettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

Exclamation

I have a puppy from this breeder, and If you want to know more let me know.
WGSD Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.