Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
1. How important are papers with an all black puppy? The owner has the mother (her 1st litter) and the father is in the neighborhood of the owner (the owner's friend.).
Papers are only important if you want them or if you plan on showing your dog, it has nothing to do with the color of the puppy.
2. What are things I should be looking for in the all black pups if any?
Black GSD puppies are the same as any other color GSD puppies.
3. We are thinking that the puppy should be male to go along with our spayed female. Is this the correct choice?
Yes, they say male/female is better than same sex.
4. What's the best way to get our current dog comfortable with a new puppy?
Introduce them on neuteral ground. Do not take the puppy home and introduce him to your female, go to a park or go to another neighborhood.
5. This puppy will be crate trained vs. the other dog that wasn't. Will this create a problem?
No it will not create a problem. Crate training is great for puppies.
6. Anything else I should be concerned about?
Is this puppy coming from a Reputable Breeder? Did the breeder temperment test, OFA or do health screenings on his female? Did the breeder of the male do those things as well?
Sinister ~ black male GSD 3.11.09
Draven ~ male Dalmatian 6.30.13