Trainer Request: Fort Collins/Northern Colorado - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2010, 05:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Trainer Request: Fort Collins/Northern Colorado

I was wondering if any of you know of a good trainer in the Fort Collins/Windsor/Loveland area?

We adopted a wonderful boy, Wyatt Ray last year, and we need to know how to be better pawrents to him. He's a super smart three legged boy but was chained up on a rope for the first 8 months of his life, and thus, has a LOT of issues. He's now a year old and we need help.

There are so many trainers out there but we need that ONE who really knows GSDs, especially ones with behavioral challenges like our boy.

Thanks so much.
Tripawds.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2010, 05:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Darn, I know a great one in Parker (just south of Denver). I'll PM you his name - maybe he can help find one in your area for you!
Max, GSD, 6/3/96 - 4/26/08
Kitties: Taz, Chessy, Jacki and Lucy
Samson, GSD
kshort is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to JustDSM Send a message via MSN to JustDSM Send a message via Yahoo to JustDSM

Hello! I'm in Wellington and I'm going go here (www.americandogschool.com) as she's got some GSD's of her own and is very familiar with them among other things. She offers a free consultation and demonstration of her services to give you a feel for what she has to offer. Check them out and see if they fit your needs. Our training starts tomorrow at 11:00am! I can't wait..

They were rated the #1 Trainer in FoCo for 2009..

Nice to see another local member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKlatsky View Post
To my mind SchH puppies are terrible house pets. But SchH dogs are the absolute BEST. It's just getting there.
JustDSM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2010, 10:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hey nice to meet you too!
Thanks for the school's link. I checked it out. Their fee seems pretty reasonable I think. And they definitely look like they know what they're doing. If you remember, let me know what you think, I'd love to hear about it.

Right now I'm traveling in the south but I'll be back in April, and that's when we plan on getting Wyatt into school. Hope to see you around there!
Tripawds.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2010, 10:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

if you are interested in kennel/boarding training, i know of a place in arvada. the kennel master used to work gsds in schutzhund.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDSM View Post
Hello! I'm in Wellington and I'm going go here (www.americandogschool.com) as she's got some GSD's of her own and is very familiar with them among other things. She offers a free consultation and demonstration of her services to give you a feel for what she has to offer. Check them out and see if they fit your needs. Our training starts tomorrow at 11:00am! I can't wait..

They were rated the #1 Trainer in FoCo for 2009..

Nice to see another local member!
I'm looking at going to the same place American Dog School, how was your experience there?
ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

I know it's a 2 year old thread and it's my 1st post, but I need a good place to train out little girl. She's been a little aggressive towards my wife and I think it's the only way I will be able to keep her is if she can be trained properly. I looked at the link above and at www.k9shrink.com. Both seem like good places just hoping for a few personal references to some e-people I don't know!

We thank you for your help!
despain85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.