Most Highly Recommended Puppy Food(s)? - Page 37 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #361 (permalink)

Default Inukshuk Pro

Has anyone tried Inukshuk Pro? They offer 3 different varieties.
BarkVader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #362 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsrich85 View Post
Ingredients in Acana pacifica grain free are almost identical as orijen. Would this be ok for my pups?
Yes. Acana Pacifica is an 'all life stages' food. I switched my pup onto it, from Orijen LB puppy and then Orijen 6 Fish, as both were too rch and gave her the runs. She's doing much better on the Acana. The main difference is there is less meat in Acana.
blackshep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #363 (permalink)

Right now we have our 3 month old on Merrick Classic Puppy Food.

Should I switch her to the Merrick Classic for LB adults? I'm reading a lot about how larger breeds shouldn't bother with puppy formulas.
PorkandBeans is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #364 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag View Post
Unless your dog has an allergy, I don't see the benefit in grain free foods. I went with Innova. I was happy with the ingredients and with where it was made. Keep up with the food adviser for recalls on food. I had 2 separate vets say "feed Pro plan or Science Diet". I told them no way, and that Science Diet was total crap. I got lectures from both vets starting out "I went to vet school.. and you think that you know more than me about good dog nutrition?" I said "Yes. I can read, and I've read for hours and hours about dog foods, recalls, etc. and I picked a food that I'm comfortable with and is best for my dog". Maybe they don't have many people questioning them, which is sad. He's on the large breed puppy, and he absolutely loves it!
My Vet said the same thing to me... tried to get my GSD puppy on the LB Science Diet. I told them no that I didn't like the brand and the ingredients in it. Ive done my research and have decided its not something i want to feed my dog... but i totally understand why vets do it, because they generally only sell one or two brands Science Diet always being one of them! So they want to push it as much as possible..
mandiah89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #365 (permalink)

Default Eukanuba or Royal Canin ?

Hello guys, if u had to choose between Eukanuba or Royal canin for the puppy which one would you go for ? TY.
emy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #366 (permalink)

What you Guys Think. Orijen or Instinct or Evo? my puppy is 9 weeks and right now he is on Eukanuba because he had diariah and the breeder recommend it so it helps with it and it actually worked but i want to switch him to high quality food.
Szarek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #367 (permalink)

I've just started my 11 month old on Nutro Natural Choice Lamb & Rice for large breed puppy. I mixed it with her old food to start the switch and have her now completely on Nutro. Her stools are still very soft (and smelly!) and I've also read some not so great reviews on this choice of food. For the price of it- I think I paid a little over $50 for a 30 lb bag- is this the best I could be buying for her?

-“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
lkellen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #368 (permalink)

My girl is still with the breeder, and doing really well on BB Wilderness Puppy... It has outstanding reviews, and it's grain free... so in essence I think she's eating far healthier than I do, haha.
irickchad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #369 (permalink)

Default Re: Most Highly Recommended Puppy Food(s)?

I have been doing a lot reading on dog food advisor to find the best brand in my price range. So far it looks like diamond naturals large breed puppy is the one. 4 out of 5 stars and is only 36 bucks for 40 lbs. Only diamond naturals received this rating not the regular diamond food. Its a start we'll see what he thinks about it.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
MichelleMc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #370 (permalink)

I had my 4month old on Innova but I wanted to switch but wasnt sure if I should switch to acana or orijen there both really good but I have heard so many mixed things
KristenMarino13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.