7Likes
  • 2 Post By Bjax
  • 2 Post By thegooseman90
  • 2 Post By Magwart
  • 1 Post By GatorBytes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 04:07 AM Thread Starter

Ice creams are gud fr gsd ??

My puppy is 4 mnths old....n she doeant tak multivitamins...mooody she is...so i give her wid sme ice cream...it was kala jamum favoured is it okay to give....i gave lik 2-3 days...she is dng f9 bt scared if she gets a habit...she luves ice cream...n jst cant say ni to her irresistible eyes dey are soo cute.....plzz help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 04:31 AM

A little ice cream won't hurt her, but it's not healthy either. Don't overdo it. Just make sure the ice cream is NOT sugar free. Xylitol (artificial sweetener) is toxic to dogs.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaira gsd View Post
My puppy is 4 mnths old....n she doeant tak multivitamins...mooody she is...so i give her wid sme ice cream...it was kala jamum favoured is it okay to give....i gave lik 2-3 days...she is dng f9 bt scared if she gets a habit...she luves ice cream...n jst cant say ni to her irresistible eyes dey are soo cute.....plzz help
Is this a joke? There's literally not one legible piece of this whole thing other than you can't say no to a dog that loves ice cream. Wth is kala jamum flavor? 2-3 days of an ice cream binge isn't good but it's not kill the dog either. It may make her sick to her stomach or something but that's about it.

But if it's a regular thing because you can't say no to her cute eyes then you're going to end up with a Wilfred Brimley dog.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegooseman90 View Post
Is this a joke? There's literally not one legible piece of this whole thing other than you can't say no to a dog that loves ice cream. Wth is kala jamum flavor? 2-3 days of an ice cream binge isn't good but it's not kill the dog either. It may make her sick to her stomach or something but that's about it.

But if it's a regular thing because you can't say no to her cute eyes then you're going to end up with a Wilfred Brimley dog.
Based on the kala jamum flavor I'm guessing the OP is not a native speaker. Kala jamum is an Indian sweet. The writing was good enough to get the point across. I try not to judge too harshly or assume too much meaning when someone isn't writing in their first language.
Castlemaid and GypsyGhost like this.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegooseman90 View Post

Based on the kala jamum flavor I'm guessing the OP is not a native speaker. Kala jamum is an Indian sweet. The writing was good enough to get the point across. I try not to judge too harshly or assume too much meaning when someone isn't writing in their first language.
Yea I kinda realized that just now and came back to try and delete that cuz it came across as being a jerk. To be 100% honest I thought it was a drunk but that's my fault for assuming. To the op I appoligize for coming across that way but I wouldn't feed your dog ice cream all the time. Even tho she's cute you can't make a habit of giving in to her desires.
GatorBytes and Chip18 like this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 07:15 AM

Please don't spoil your puppy. Giving in to her cute eyes now will mean trouble later on. I used to let my dog lick the bottom of an empty ice-cream container when I was done with the ice-cream, if it were not a chocolate flavor. I gave my dog the container in the kitchen, not as a reward for begging.

Another nice treat that is just a little bit better is a little whipped cream. Make sure it is real cream and sugar, no artificial sweeteners. 

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief one and a half years old

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 10:43 AM
Crowned Member

Instead of ice cream, freeze some unsweetened kefir or yogurt for your pup in an ice cube tray. It's a wonderful treat for them on a hot day, and most dogs love it. You can also do this with goat's milk, if you have it available.
Suki's Mom and Bjax like this.

Last edited by Magwart; 04-21-2017 at 10:48 AM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 11:07 AM
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magwart View Post
Instead of ice cream, freeze some unsweetened kefir or yogurt for your pup in an ice cube tray. It's a wonderful treat for them on a hot day, and most dogs love it. You can also do this with goat's milk, if you have it available.

We do that with pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling). The pups love their daily treat.

Suki (Bella vom Wofenhaus, born May 31, 2008)
Diva (Aphrodite de Domus Didacus, born December 4, 2009)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 05:27 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magwart View Post
Yes, but you CAN sweeten it up with RAW (natural) honey or organic molasses. Both have added health benefits.

Stay away from ice cream. So many unnatural and possibly dangerous sweeteners that could be added under names that may not come across as sweeteners. Watch out with xyltol too in peanut butter.
Chip18 likes this.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 08:51 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBytes View Post
Yes, but you CAN sweeten it up with RAW (natural) honey or organic molasses. Both have added health benefits.
Fresh or frozen fruit (bananas, berries) can also be added. By "UNSWEETENED" I want to distinguish "sweetened yogurt" products sold at supermarkets that can have as much sugar in them as ice cream and are often full of artificial flavors and chemicals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page