German Shepherds Forum banner

Toppings for dry puppy food?

4K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  SamsontheGSD 
#1 ·
My boy has decided plain kibble is boring. I have Blue Buffalo large breed puppy and Fromm large breed puppy. I would rather stay with Fromm because of safety. He will eat it if I jazz it up with toppings. I'm not sure if my toppings are throwing the nutrition off. I want him to grow at a safe place for his joints. He did not like wet puppy food mixed in, but loves wet cat food. Any ideas on what to mix in?

#3 ·
Nothing wrong with wet cat food.Just a tiny bit mixed with water will add flavor.Watered down chicken or beef broth is good too.My dog's favorite topping is a bit of mashed boiled egg mixed with water.

#9 ·
We use whatever we can get from our butcher on sale (pork, chicken, turkey, beef heart, organs etc..) boil for about 15 minutes (no salt or other spices), chop it up in small pieces (or grind it up) mix with a boiled egg and use about 2-3 TBSP 2 times a day with his dry (1.5 cups of Acana x2). He seems to love it, we know what goes in it and also use the broth.

#10 ·
Hey. I HIGHLY recommend adding some goat milk or goat yogurt to the kibble. It is the closest to the puppy mothers milk and is great for the joints. I have been doing this for years. Soak it for a couple minutes in the kibble and your dog will love it. Plus it lasts longer than regular milk and is very affordable.

#11 ·
We feed Fromm to keep it interesting we use much of what everyone had mentioned either some plain yogurt, they all love goats milk, Fromm canned, primal dehydrated nuggets, honest kitchen toppers, raw egg, ground beef from our dinner. Dogs do get bored of their food so I try to switch it up. Right now the pup just get her food soaked in warm water and she has no complaints

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.