German Shepherds Forum banner

Victor or Taste of the Wild?

17K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  KATO's Dad 
#1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with either of these food brands? I've heard good things about both. Please help.

#2 ·
Victor is a far superior kibble IMO

#5 ·
I have been feeding Victor for about a year and had very good results - will be doing my annual blood panels in about a month but it is the only food that has actually put weight on my current dog and left him with firm stools. TOTW worked well for a former dog but I never fed it to my current dog.

Diamond's dismissive behavior when I reported bad food before the last recall was the last straw for me. Ultimately, my lot of food was finally recalled. Diamond has a rough past with old manufacturing facilities, GMP issues, etc. While Victor (mid america) has a state of the art modern facility.

#6 ·
I have heard nothing but good things from friends about the victor/mid america food. My friend who has old english bulldogs uses it and had nothing but good things to say. I have done a little research and found that their plant is in Texas where I am from and that has pushed me a little more to going with victor.

#11 ·
Many of the LBP formulas such as Fromm are targeted for slower growth with lower amounts of protein and, more importantly, calcium and phosphorus. I agree with a good LBP food until grown.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.