Every thing about food !! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2014, 02:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Smile Every thing about food !!

Hey Guys. I'm planning to get a female GSD pup , about 8 wks old this august .I've Been doing
A lot of research on what to feed my new pup. Here's what I've been able to gather. Its a rather incomplete list and any help would be appreciated

For the first week , I'll feed her Whatever the breeder was feeding her and then slowly change to Royal Canin German Shepherd Junior

1 tbs Flax oil Every night for her coat

Raw Bones ( chicken leg) Every alternate day

Chicken every Sunday

calcium supplements ( Can anyone specify what exactly is it )

I still need more info and can anyone please help me out with the amount and times to feed my girl
Thank you
Nick490 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2014, 06:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

No calcium supplements

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
mydogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2014, 08:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick490 View Post
Hey Guys. I'm planning to get a female GSD pup , about 8 wks old this august .I've Been doing
A lot of research on what to feed my new pup. Here's what I've been able to gather. Its a rather incomplete list and any help would be appreciated

For the first week , I'll feed her Whatever the breeder was feeding her and then slowly change to Royal Canin German Shepherd Junior

1 tbs Flax oil Every night for her coat

Raw Bones ( chicken leg) Every alternate day

Chicken every Sunday

calcium supplements ( Can anyone specify what exactly is it )

I still need more info and can anyone please help me out with the amount and times to feed my girl
Thank you
You might look through the stickies in this section. There is some good information there.

David Winners

Fama - T.E.D.D. OEF XI-XII (GSD)(RET... )
Marshall - T.E.D.D. OEF XII-XIII (Lab)(SF EDD)
Lucian - Med Alert (Cane Corso)
Pud - the old man (Pit x Lab)
David Winners is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2014, 09:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

Congrats on your new arrival!

TERRIFIC that you are adding some fresh meat into your dogs diet!

Just FYI, you may want to purchase a better, healthier, kibble for your new baby such as the following:
ACANA REGIONALS (grain free): Acana Regionals | Acana Store locator: Store Locator | Acana
FROMM'S FOUR STAR (grain free): Four-Star Gourmet Recipes for dogs - Fromm Family Foods Internet locator: Internet Retailers - Fromm Family Foods
NATURE’S VARIETY (grain free): (not Nature's Recipe) Nature's Variety: Instinct Grain-Free Kibble Diets for Dogs | Nature's Variety Store locator: Find A Store | Nature's Variety

Royal Canin started using By-Products in 2013: Quote by Emmanuel FONTAINE, DVM, MSc, PhD, Dipl ECAR of Royal Canin: “You might have heard rumblings that Royal Canin is adding “by-products” in its formulas. Let’s make this clear: this is not a rumor, and this change will affect all our new formulas and upcoming launches.” BY-Products makes it VERY cheap for them to produce their dog food yet raking in high profit!

Here are the Ingredients From RC site:
COMPOSITION:
rice – No nutritional value to a dog and it’s the FIRST item on the list which means it has the MOST of! It should be a named MEAT – such as Chicken, Beef, etc!
dehydrated poultry protein – This is a BY-PRODUCT – Could mean ANYTHING that has feathers! Meat should ALWAYS be named such as Chicken or Duck etc.
vegetable protein isolate – bumps up the protein content in the food
animal fats – Another UN-NAMED animal ingredient! Could be elephants from the zoo! LOL

hydrolysed animal proteins – And STILL ANOTHER Un-Named animal protein!
fish oil – Even the fish is UN-Named….Should say salmon or sardine, etc.

No added Calcium as MyDogs said. Your kibble will have the correct amounts.

I rotate with the following 2 high quality oils which have combinations of Hemp, Coconut, Flax and different fish oils.

Sh-Emp Oil: SH-EMP OIL Nutritional oil The herring oil is a source of brain enhancing DHA/EPA, which can be converted by the body into Omega 3. Hemp oil is a source of Omega 6, 3, 9 and GLA (Gamma Linoleic Acid). The virgin coconut oil found in Sh-Emp is a medium chain triglyceride rich in lauric acid.

Ultra Oil: Ultra Oil for Pets Skin & Coat Supplement with Hempseed Oil for Dogs & Cats
is composed of the best nutrients nature can provide. Our primary ingredient, Hempseed Oil, is a perfect balance of Omega-3, Omega-6 and Omega-9. Next we have added Omega-6 rich Flaxseed Oil which is then balance with Omega-3 rich Fish Oil (sardine and anchovy) followed by Grapeseed Oil to help naturally preserve and act as an all natural antioxidant.

Hope this helps!
Moms
Momto2GSDs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2014, 10:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2GSDs View Post
Congrats on your new arrival!

TERRIFIC that you are adding some fresh meat into your dogs diet!

Just FYI, you may want to purchase a better, healthier, kibble for your new baby such as the following:
ACANA REGIONALS (grain free): Acana Regionals | Acana Store locator: Store Locator | Acana
FROMM'S FOUR STAR (grain free): Four-Star Gourmet Recipes for dogs - Fromm Family Foods Internet locator: Internet Retailers - Fromm Family Foods
NATURE’S VARIETY (grain free): (not Nature's Recipe) Nature's Variety: Instinct Grain-Free Kibble Diets for Dogs | Nature's Variety Store locator: Find A Store | Nature's Variety

Royal Canin started using By-Products in 2013: Quote by Emmanuel FONTAINE, DVM, MSc, PhD, Dipl ECAR of Royal Canin: “You might have heard rumblings that Royal Canin is adding “by-products” in its formulas. Let’s make this clear: this is not a rumor, and this change will affect all our new formulas and upcoming launches.” BY-Products makes it VERY cheap for them to produce their dog food yet raking in high profit!

Here are the Ingredients From RC site:
COMPOSITION:
rice – No nutritional value to a dog and it’s the FIRST item on the list which means it has the MOST of! It should be a named MEAT – such as Chicken, Beef, etc!
dehydrated poultry protein – This is a BY-PRODUCT – Could mean ANYTHING that has feathers! Meat should ALWAYS be named such as Chicken or Duck etc.
vegetable protein isolate – bumps up the protein content in the food
animal fats – Another UN-NAMED animal ingredient! Could be elephants from the zoo! LOL

hydrolysed animal proteins – And STILL ANOTHER Un-Named animal protein!
fish oil – Even the fish is UN-Named….Should say salmon or sardine, etc.

No added Calcium as MyDogs said. Your kibble will have the correct amounts.

I rotate with the following 2 high quality oils which have combinations of Hemp, Coconut, Flax and different fish oils.

Sh-Emp Oil: SH-EMP OIL Nutritional oil The herring oil is a source of brain enhancing DHA/EPA, which can be converted by the body into Omega 3. Hemp oil is a source of Omega 6, 3, 9 and GLA (Gamma Linoleic Acid). The virgin coconut oil found in Sh-Emp is a medium chain triglyceride rich in lauric acid.

Ultra Oil: Ultra Oil for Pets Skin & Coat Supplement with Hempseed Oil for Dogs & Cats
is composed of the best nutrients nature can provide. Our primary ingredient, Hempseed Oil, is a perfect balance of Omega-3, Omega-6 and Omega-9. Next we have added Omega-6 rich Flaxseed Oil which is then balance with Omega-3 rich Fish Oil (sardine and anchovy) followed by Grapeseed Oil to help naturally preserve and act as an all natural antioxidant.

Hope this helps!
Moms
You know you can always count on Moms
Old 06-29-2014, 12:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace GSD View Post
You know you can always count on Moms
Awwwwwe ..... Thanks Ace!

Ingredients are so important for health!
Momto2GSDs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.