German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Feeding Our Puppy (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/feeding-our-puppy/)
-   -   What do you guys think of purina one? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/feeding-our-puppy/459666-what-do-you-guys-think-purina-one.html)

Madisonmj97 06-12-2014 11:53 AM

What do you guys think of purina one?

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 216042

wolfy dog 06-12-2014 11:56 AM

Nope.

Shade 06-12-2014 12:00 PM

You get what you pay for

If it works for your dog, then fine - but there are a heck of a lot better kibbles out there that I would try first before recommending Purina

Madisonmj97 06-12-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shade (Post 5633010)
You get what you pay for

If it works for your dog, then fine - but there are a heck of a lot better kibbles out there that I would try first before recommending Purina

I want to start him on Orijen or Diamond... What do y'all think of that?

JakodaCD OA 06-12-2014 12:21 PM

I feed 4Health Grain Free (diamond produces it),,my dogs love it, they do well on it , it has good ingredients and isn't overly costly

Momto2GSDs 06-12-2014 12:22 PM

PURINA!!!! :eek: :sick: :eek: :sick: :eek: NO high quality there!

Orijen is a great food but if you go with it wean him on very very slowly. Orijen tends to give SOME dogs loose stools.

You could also try Origen's sister food Acana Regionals....no loose stools. Store Locator | Acana

Fromm's also makes a nice grain free "Four Star". USA based, no recalls: Four-Star Gourmet Recipes for dogs - Fromm Family Foods
Store locator: Fromm USA Retailers

What ever food you choose, take at least 2 weeks to wean him on to it unless he has an iron clad gut! ;)

Moms:)

Shade 06-12-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madisonmj97 (Post 5633050)
I want to start him on Orijen or Diamond... What do y'all think of that?

If I had to choose between the two I'd go with Orijen

If I was looking at cutting costs Kirkland has a good dog food at Costco which is very reasonably priced. I have family members that use it and their dogs are healthy and happy and it doesn't kill the bank account.

Personally I feed Fromm's Four Star grain free and Wellness Core is my second choice

Apoolutz 06-12-2014 12:33 PM

Anything purina is garbage, Gunner does awesome on orijen so did Niko,if you do go with orijen be sure not to over feed.

d4lilbitz 06-12-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakodaCD OA (Post 5633114)
I feed 4Health Grain Free (diamond produces it),,my dogs love it, they do well on it , it has good ingredients and isn't overly costly

That's what I feed dogs...they love it! 100% agree with you : )

Charliehound 06-12-2014 12:50 PM

Purina One is probably the best supermarket brand, but not worth the price for the quality you're getting... I can buy a bag of Victor dog food for the same price and it's nutrition is far more superior! I've heard good things about the Costco brand too.

Orijen is a great choice...I just can't afford it! lol