German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Feeding Our Puppy (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/feeding-our-puppy/)
-   -   3 month old german shepherd (won't eat! is this balanced?) (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/feeding-our-puppy/458250-3-month-old-german-shepherd-wont-eat-balanced.html)

dovah 06-08-2014 06:00 AM

3 month old german shepherd (won't eat! is this balanced?)

I bought a german shepherd puppy when he was 2 month old i been trying to find a good feeding schedule since. when he was 2.5 month he was 7.650kg. I got brit premium junior dry dog food for large breed as recommended by pet shop when he doean't like eating it so much he will eat only 20-30 pieces of it per day and no more i feed him wet food now. i really need help with what to feed him

here is what I feed him daily 3 meals
1-3 boiled eggs
2- yogurt with some dry food
3- rice with chicken soup and pieces of chicken
he loves all of the 3 meals and lick the bowl clean

MaggieRoseLee 06-08-2014 11:29 AM

You are NOT feeding him a balanced meal. Can you MIX the kibble with small portions of the eggs/yogurt/chicken? So the balance of the meal is the kibble and you just use the 'other' to get him eating.

Be aware, that MANY of our GSD's are just picky eaters and will go days without eating just cause they don't feel like eating 'boring' food. We have a sticky with many great ideas that have worked for us ---> http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...cky-eater.html

Good luck!

dovah 06-08-2014 01:43 PM

I tried mixing Kibble with chicken or yogurt but he will just eat the chicken or yogurt and leave the Kibble and eat after a while or he won't eat it at all

dovah 06-08-2014 01:47 PM

+ i don't think he is a picky eater he will eat any thing wet i give him. he just doesn't like Kibble and it's making me crazy

lalachka 06-08-2014 01:54 PM

70 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dovah (Post 5616986)
+ i don't think he is a picky eater he will eat any thing wet i give him. he just doesn't like Kibble and it's making me crazy

Lol don't force him then. Cook but research what it takes to feed a balanced meal. I don't know about cooked, I know about raw so I can't help.

When cooking they can't get bones, so at the very least you'd need to supplement calcium.

Anyway, it's not a must that a dog is on kibble. IMO it's preferred that he's not but you then need to make sure they get all the nutrients they need.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Bear L 06-08-2014 02:04 PM

Do you have access to whole chickens that has organs inside? You don't have to cook anything. Just crack the eggs open for him to eat it raw, cut up the chickens and feed directly along with the organs, including the bones without cooking it. At 3 months, he can eat chicken necks and wings easily. The chicken backs may be too big for him to chew but you can still try it. Plus all the stuff you're already feeding and leftover scraps from your family's meals. You can also give him some of the fruits you eat. If you have access to other types of meats, you can feed those too - all without any need to cook it. You can cook it, but that's unnecessary. If you do cook, just avoid feeding the bones since it may splinter after it's cooked.

Important is he needs variety of food sources so whatever fresh ingredients you can get will be helpful.

dovah 06-08-2014 02:24 PM

Is it safe to make the dog eat raw chicken or meat? I asked a friend and he said that the dog can go wild and bite anyone even me his owner

lalachka 06-08-2014 02:25 PM

70 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dovah (Post 5617074)
Is it safe to make the dog eat raw chicken or meat? I asked a friend and he said that the dog can go wild and bite anyone even me his owner

I haven't been bitten yet. It's been a year. It's a tale.

You have to make sure it's balanced though. If you're interested I'll give you %

lalachka 06-08-2014 02:29 PM

70 Attachment(s)
You also won't have a problem with picky eating anymore. My dog downs everything I give him. He doesn't like chicken as much anymore and will eat it last but still goes crazy every meal time. When he was on kibble I had to mix it with cooked meat to get him to eat.

What he really loves is the organs (they all do). Goes crazy for tripe. And it's so much joy to watch them eat raw.

I love it. I won't go back unless something serious happens like medical reasons and I will be convinced that raw is not the way to go. Then i'd cook. I will never go back to dog food.

dovah 06-08-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalachka (Post 5617082)
I haven't been bitten yet. It's been a year. It's a tale.

You have to make sure it's balanced though. If you're interested I'll give you %

Yes please give me in details the % of every thing to put in his meal and how much of the chicken i should put at each meal