German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Feeding Our Puppy (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/feeding-our-puppy/)
-   -   Is my boy way below average on weight? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/feeding-our-puppy/458162-my-boy-way-below-average-weight.html)

ashley1 06-07-2014 08:24 PM

Is my boy way below average on weight?
 
At 11 weeks he went to the vet an he was only 15 pounds an most of that is prolly fur lol. after reading thru the forum he seems really small his dad was 90 pounds an mom was 80. Maybe he's jus gona be small? It's hard to tell if he looks skinny because he's so fluffy

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

HarleyTheGSD 06-07-2014 08:29 PM

Actually, that seems pretty average. His adult weight will probably be similar to his parents'.

Ace GSD 06-07-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashley1 (Post 5615146)
At 11 weeks he went to the vet an he was only 15 pounds an most of that is prolly fur lol. after reading thru the forum he seems really small his dad was 90 pounds an mom was 80. Maybe he's jus gona be small? It's hard to tell if he looks skinny because he's so fluffy

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Hm i think he is gonna be alright . How wAs he compare to rest of the litters

ashley1 06-07-2014 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace GSD (Post 5615194)
Hm i think he is gonna be alright . How wAs he compare to rest of the litters

He was actually the biggest in the litter he was a suprise mothers day gift from my husband so I didn't get to see the parents or puppies but he did. At 8 weeks he was 8.6 pounds .

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

whitbit317 06-07-2014 11:42 PM

My 8 week old only weighs 7.9lb. But was about the same size as the rest of his litter mates.

Ace GSD 06-08-2014 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashley1 (Post 5615282)
He was actually the biggest in the litter he was a suprise mothers day gift from my husband so I didn't get to see the parents or puppies but he did. At 8 weeks he was 8.6 pounds .

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

i think he is bellow average but it shouldnt matter if he is healthy and active IMO. Maybe he will pick up the growth rate later on .

mydogs 06-08-2014 09:39 AM

My 8 week old is 16lbs. They are all different


Sent from Petguide.com Free App

ashley1 06-08-2014 10:02 AM

Thanks everybody :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Ace GSD 06-08-2014 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashley1 (Post 5616521)
Thanks everybody :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Do you have his picture ?

Msmaria 06-08-2014 10:32 AM

My puppy was the smallest of the 3 puppies my neighbor couldnt sell from her litter ( long story) didnt see other puppes that were sold but I assuming they were bigger and where chosen first. I found good homes for the other 2 puppies but Dex was not chosen because he was smaller. So we kept him. Some people made comments that he was small for his age, which was fine with me because I like small dogs. He 16 months now and weighs 110 pounds, a lean 110. I saw his sister about 2 months ago and hes much bigger than her, so you never know. Some puppies develop slower physically and mentally. Im sure I have the slow one, because hes just coming into his confident, brat stage. So try to relax and enjoy your guy because they grow super fast and you dont want to miss it.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2