Innova LBP And Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Puppy Food - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2014, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Innova LBP And Wellness Super5Mix Large Breed Puppy Food

Anyone try Inoova LBP? How about Wellness LBP? I tried Orijen LBP just as treats (about 1/4 cup) and he was shooting diarrhea. Decided not to go forward with it.

Why is it so hard to find a low calcium, high quality LBP food? I have been looking around for a while now.

Please let me know what you are feeding and how it is working. We are continuing on with what the breeder feeds all her dogs, puppies which she plans on keeping for her program.

Thanks

Last edited by eddie1976E; 04-17-2014 at 08:38 PM.
eddie1976E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2014, 09:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

I am feeding Fromm Puppy. Was doing LBP but they didn't have it when I went to get it so he's on puppy which is fine. I like the protein and fat better. I tried innova years back and loose stool. I used wellness for awhile no issues.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
mydogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2014, 05:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks. Looking at the Calcium and phosphorus level of Fromm LBP, I see that they are 1.1 and 1.02%, respectively. Based on an email from a vet at Fromm, those are the minimum values. If the max is not too far off, this would be a good food for me. I have a followup question to them. Lets see what they say.
eddie1976E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2014, 10:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

I had the same issue with Hans on Orijen - almost instant diarrhea, and I was feeding him 1/4 of a cup of Orijen + 3/4 cup R/C, so not overdoing it.

I also tried Go! ALS but he didn't like the taste of the kibble.

I may try Acana or Wellness when he's older, done with experimenting for a while. I have to say that I've tried the Wellness canned food and he's done really well on it, as well as the Merrick grain free canned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.