German Shepherds Forum banner

Roundworms

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Magwart 
#1 ·
Hi! Sweet little Maverick had his 11 week appointment today. He weighed 25.2 lbs and overall got a great report.... Except for the fact that he had/still had roundworms. He was wormed at the breeders but it must not have cleared them all out.
He received a dewormer today and will get another dose tomorrow and in the meantime I would like to supplement his regular food a bit with some fresh items to assist with what I assume a bit of nutrient depletion. Any suggestions? Chicken and rice? Pumpkin? Etc...

Thanks!!

[/URL][/IMG]

See less See more
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
#3 ·
Legend had roundworms so he got to eat the kibble he was on at the breeder's (didn't want to make a huge switch) plus some canned pumpkin. One he started the de-wormer, he expelled several dead worms and his poop firmed up almost immediately. I treated him with Panacur for 3 days and then a week later, I gave all the dogs another dose of their heartworm preventative (which also kills the roundworm eggs) just to be sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.