temporarily switching from raw - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2014, 04:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default temporarily switching from raw

Hello everyone
Greetings from Toronto
I have a 6 month gsd who has been on raw food for 3 months. I switched her on the advice of her trainer from Acana large puppy as she was having loose stools. Here is the problem : I need to leave her at the kennel/ farm for 2 weeks as I am going away...what should I feed her wet or dry food while she is there? There is not enough freezer space to leave that much raw with the kennel. Please advice or give suggestions ....on dry vs.wet and brands to make the change .Thanks
mita is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2014, 10:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

The closest thing you will find to raw is a 100% Human grade De-hydrated food called The Honest Kitchen.
It is the ONLY pet food company in the USA that the FDA legally allows to use the words "HUMAN GRADE" on its packaging and advertisements.
Don't let the price fool you! a 10 pound box re-hydrates to 35-40 pounds of food. It is not the same equivalent as 40 pounds of kibble exactly, but it is REAL living food! It resembles cooked oat meal. I suggest "Embark" as it is grain free. Check the site specifics to see how long a box will last per your dogs weight.
Maybe you can send along some recreational bones to keep your baby happy!
Ingo: All Natural Dog Food - Dehydrated Pet Food | The Honest Kitchen
Find a store: Where to Buy Honest Kitchen - Honest Kitchen Stores | The Honest Kitchen
Internet: the honest kitchen - Free Shipping at Chewy.com

Hope this helps!
Moms
Momto2GSDs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 10:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

If you've already switched her to the Acana and her stools have been fine on it, I would say to stick with that during her time at the kennel.

RIP Reba von Treue Freundschaft, CGC, TDI
May 11, 2005 - May 23, 2013
Discoetheque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014, 05:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for your feedback, i checked out the honest kitchen which looks great but i wont be able to get it in time before she goes to the trainer to test it out to see if she is ok with it or not .... i have to either order it online or drive a fair distance to get it. She was on the acana first and had runny stools which is why we switched to raw. The sales person at Global pets recommended canine caviar ....any input about the venison canine caviar? anyways i plan on going raw after the 2 weeks is done and she is back home
mita is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.