Porter no longer wants to eat his BB Wilderness Puppy Kibble... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Porter no longer wants to eat his BB Wilderness Puppy Kibble...

Porter used to devour his BB Wilderness Puppy Kibble, when he started teething we started adding hot water, and he did fine. But the last bag we bought the kibbles were a lot smaller and I thought "oh this will make it easier for him to eat." But now Im wondering if the recipe changed as well because he will barely touch his food all day.

We used to feed him in the morning, afternoon and then at night would mix half a can of BB Freedom Puppy canned food with some kibble, now he barely touches the kibble but still devours the kibble with canned food.

I would like to try some other high quality, grain free kibble. There seems to be a lot of good options and just wanted to get some opinions.
ColleenAli is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I think he prefers it moist. Try adding hot water to the kibble like you did before when the kibble was bigger.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Member

Maybe try Taste of the Wild, or 4Health... I have fed all 3. I think BB was really a favorite, but maybe your lil guy will prefer one of the others I am feeding partial raw with kibble right now in 2 meals seperated by at least 8 hours, and all is well. Good luck!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Beth View Post
I think he prefers it moist. Try adding hot water to the kibble like you did before when the kibble was bigger.

we still add the hot water to it but he barely touches it
Old 01-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedtrucker View Post
Maybe try Taste of the Wild, or 4Health... I have fed all 3. I think BB was really a favorite, but maybe your lil guy will prefer one of the others I am feeding partial raw with kibble right now in 2 meals seperated by at least 8 hours, and all is well. Good luck!
I havent heard of the 4health, but I will check it out. I have been reading bout TOTW but read that puppies under 6 months dont handle it well, hes a little over 4mo now. What are your experiences?
Old 01-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Knighted Member

If he eats the kibble with the canned, at least you can use it up that way. If you kept the labels or can contact the company, you may be able to find out what they changed and that could help you with a different kibble. If you want to change brands, you may want to try a small bag of Solid Gold Wolfpup - it is grain free. Then when he's older, he can go to Solid Gold Wolfking. My Sting was on that, but he really loves their Barking At the Moon - though that could be too rich for a young pup.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenAli View Post
I havent heard of the 4health, but I will check it out. I have been reading bout TOTW but read that puppies under 6 months dont handle it well, hes a little over 4mo now. What are your experiences?
Jonas was born and raised on TOTW No issues at all. I did add some raw beef bones 3-4 times a week for his growing bones. He is now 11 1/2 months old and hes a big boy with a nice coat and very active.
Loneforce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneforce View Post
Jonas was born and raised on TOTW No issues at all. I did add some raw beef bones 3-4 times a week for his growing bones. He is now 11 1/2 months old and hes a big boy with a nice coat and very active.
Thanks for the info... I was leaning towards TOTW when he was older but now Im considering the switch sooner.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Beth View Post
If he eats the kibble with the canned, at least you can use it up that way. If you kept the labels or can contact the company, you may be able to find out what they changed and that could help you with a different kibble. If you want to change brands, you may want to try a small bag of Solid Gold Wolfpup - it is grain free. Then when he's older, he can go to Solid Gold Wolfking. My Sting was on that, but he really loves their Barking At the Moon - though that could be too rich for a young pup.

Where do you purchase this brand? I haven't been able to find it at any of the pet stores in the Sacramento area. NM I stand corrected, I found it at a place called Incredible pets which seems to have the best selection of food I've seen, glad I check the website. Im making a trip there today =)

Last edited by ColleenAli; 01-03-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.