German Shepherds Forum banner

Porter no longer wants to eat his BB Wilderness Puppy Kibble...

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  ColleenAli 
#1 ·
Porter used to devour his BB Wilderness Puppy Kibble, when he started teething we started adding hot water, and he did fine. But the last bag we bought the kibbles were a lot smaller and I thought "oh this will make it easier for him to eat." But now Im wondering if the recipe changed as well because he will barely touch his food all day.

We used to feed him in the morning, afternoon and then at night would mix half a can of BB Freedom Puppy canned food with some kibble, now he barely touches the kibble but still devours the kibble with canned food.

I would like to try some other high quality, grain free kibble. There seems to be a lot of good options and just wanted to get some opinions. :help:

#3 ·
Maybe try Taste of the Wild, or 4Health... I have fed all 3. I think BB was really a favorite, but maybe your lil guy will prefer one of the others :confused: I am feeding partial raw with kibble right now in 2 meals seperated by at least 8 hours, and all is well. Good luck!

#6 ·
If he eats the kibble with the canned, at least you can use it up that way. If you kept the labels or can contact the company, you may be able to find out what they changed and that could help you with a different kibble. If you want to change brands, you may want to try a small bag of Solid Gold Wolfpup - it is grain free. Then when he's older, he can go to Solid Gold Wolfking. My Sting was on that, but he really loves their Barking At the Moon - though that could be too rich for a young pup.

#9 · (Edited)
Where do you purchase this brand? I haven't been able to find it at any of the pet stores in the Sacramento area. NM I stand corrected, I found it at a place called Incredible pets which seems to have the best selection of food I've seen, glad I check the website. Im making a trip there today =)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.