German Shepherds Forum banner

Video of German Shepherds eating a Rib Eye steak dinner with sides!!

4K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Jayfeather 
#1 ·
You have to check this out, 2 German shepherds get a Ribeye steak dinner that even has 2 side dishes!! :) <3

#10 ·
Since village dogs have survived by eating out of human dumps over thousands of years, I don't think a few veggies with the protein are going to be much of a problem. Heck, I toss a bit of raw celery in my dogs bowls now and then and my gal has a raw carrot for desert.
If this were a treat for something special, then I wouldn't worry. I doubt anyone would do this everyday. It is too expensive!

#17 ·
Well, i respectfully disagree, i think the dogs look great and have been studying the breed many years. As far as their diet, if you look at other videos these dogs are in they are raw fed. This was just a simple nice thing that was done for them. Try and relax and enjoy videos like this and not look to be critical all the time... will do yourself some good :)

#20 ·
Well, i respectfully disagree, i think the dogs look great and have been studying the breed many years.
well then you havent done a good job people in the gsd world are obsessed with size "my dog is 95lb" "oh yea mine is 105lb and its all muscle" well the truth is it usually isnt and those dogs where plain and simple fat and out of shape. A happy dog is a lean fast healthy one not an over sized tank used an ego boost. Over feeding a dog isnt loving them or doing them any good.

I tried to word my concerns more sensitively in my first post because i assumed they were yours. Im all for cheering people up and sharing a funny video but not spreading misinformation

#18 ·
I have had very close hands on experience with GSD for close to 40 years .

My dogs have been fed raw for approximately 35 of those years with time off when moving , having kids , no car , and being less mobile - temporarily.
I have had litters born into my hands and have seen enough of them through to their 13th year and some beyond .
Even to the last day they did not need medication.

The dogs I have need to have physical agility and endurance , be ready at a drop of the hat whether it is 100 degrees or minus 15 . Work without fatique, without injury and without the stress of being unfit .

I have sat in on extreme sport vet panels - a friend raced his sled dogs, a line he developed which is recognized and sought throughout the world . Those dogs were properly raw fed.

those dogs are lardy. They don't look great.
I am not the only one that thinks this.

A nice thing would have been a jog around the block.

#19 ·
The dogs were overweight, but the meal was fun. I feed Babsy whatever meat I am eating, and cooked veggies like brussel sprouts, and potato skins. Not all the time, but often.

The people would probably say she looks overweight and with low muscle tone too, here. She is. But she is well over eleven years old, and we're not pressing for any dog shows with her.

The other day, I came home with a bunch of cheeseburgers, plain, and handed them about, LOL. I went in to give Quinn and Babs theirs. Babs caught hers on the fly, and Quinnie let hers hit the ground. She already had one in the car after class. She looked up at me, and Babs swung along behind her and scooped hers right up. She doesn't miss a meal.

For this reason, I feed the two of them 2 cups of food (for both) in the morning -- they share. In the night, Babs eats a little with me, and Quinnie gets 3-4 cups of food.

It's a cute video, thoughtthe criticism is correct. It's ok to give dogs human food and even to cook/prepare it. That's my kind of meal. But, we shouldn't, as a site, give only kudos for that sort of thing, when the dogs could look a lot more fit.

#22 ·
I agree that the dogs looked a bit overweight and in need of a good exercise routine, but I'm sure the video was posted with the good intention of cheering people up. The way the dogs vultured their dinner is certainly quite amusing. :) Also, I'm sure that they do not receive such a treat on a regular basis. That would be expensive and time consuming...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.