German Shepherds Forum banner

favorite German shepherd movies

7K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  AngelaA6 
#1 ·
My favorite movies with German shepherds are Bad Moon, Radio Flyer, Dogs Go to Heaven, and I Am Legend (actually I stay away from that movie). They were all major roles Thor and Shane both fought well and beat the bad guys that were hurting their family. German shepherds are truly inspur , this breed is strong in mind, should, and physically. They have no fear, protect without hesitation, express, make so much effort, work hard in what they do, intelligent, easy to train, loyal, amazing listeners, understand, and more! Just an amazing breed. These movies will make you cry! The way the dogs protect the family and of course children. Also find my sacrifice on YouTube you'll find all those movies except for dogs go to heaven in it.w. What are your favorite German shepherd movies?

#7 ·
My favorite is also All Dogs Go to Heaven.
I have a least favorite as well. I still remember sobbing my eyes out after renting Fear with some friends as a teen. My one friend had seen it in theater and I kept asking her if something happens to the dog bc i didn't want to watch it. I was so pissed at her.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
@ZoeD1217 I heard of Fear, my parents watched it. Although, those movies scare me more than a horror show with freaky dolls and that. Probably a fear of mine of it actually happening someday. Then reminds me to not make any reckless moves where this kind of thing good happen. Criminal Minds ugh, CSI: Miami ok but still scary, and more. I tend to stay away from those kinds of like Criminal Minds movies/shows. Plus a GS gets beheaded as I read.

#8 ·
for movies, all the ones listed are great and k-9 with john bulushi also k-9: P-I and Scoot & Cassie's Christmas Adventure and Step Dogs and of course all the Rin Tin Tins; for tv shows i really like unleashed: K9 Broward County (so awesome) and North Woods Law (my fav)

#9 · (Edited)
Not a German Shepherd, but I love Red Dog. :wub: The dedication portrayed in that movie is outstanding.

The dog portrayed in I am Legend was amazing and shockingly, my mum had a German Shepherd like that when she was a teenager. That must have been 30+ years ago??

EDIT: After that first dog my mum got three other German Shepherds but none of them were like her Igar, he truly was the ideal German Shepherd dog if the stories were true, but a dog of a life time apparently.

#12 ·
I am Legend and All Dogs Go To Heaven 1 & 2 are my favorites.

I like The Hills Have Eyes, unfortunately one of the GSDs gets killed but the other one survives and attacks the bad guys.

I also liked K9 and Bolt. :)

#14 ·
All the K-9 movies especially k-911 although the first k-9 and k-9 PI were great. Wow not a GSD but I love Balto. I loved Rin Tin Tin series from the 80's. Hate it when any dog dies in a movie and that is why I've only watched the first 20 to 25 minutes of I am Legend.
I realize most GSDs dont live up to Hollywood scripts but I still love Lassie and Homeward Bound and the one where the kid is shipwrecked w/ his lab and the kid gets rescued but has to to leave the dog behind and somehow the pup makes it home. Yea I know totally unrealistic but dang I love ones where the dog lives.

#18 ·
He was a major character of the show. Constantly loyal to the children protecting them from local bullies and alcholic step father. One point he looked dead and the children thought so top very upsetting. Just before Robby was about to take off "The King" came by to beat them up. Fortunately, Shane attacked the bad guy and saved the day. Then robby tooknoff never to be seen again. Although would send postcards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.