German Shepherds Forum banner

Pics: famous people with GSDs

22K views 62 replies 29 participants last post by  misslesleedavis1 
#1 ·
#40 ·
On the country station I listen to they were just talking about how the one band member that just got married just added a 9 week old pup to the bus. Sounds like they are raising the dog on tour

#10 ·
Well, I found out that JLo no longer has that GSD-- and this article has some info:

J.Lo's ferocious guard dog sure had a thing for the hired help.
Floyd - a German shepherd once owned by Jennifer Lopez and her husband, Marc Anthony - head-butted a housekeeper and chomped a personal assistant, the Daily News has learned.

And that was after flight attendant Lisa Wilson said the cranky canine menaced her on a private jet carrying the pop stars.
Floyd's turbulent history was revealed Monday by Wilson's lawyer after the stewardess reached a confidential settlement with the celebrity couple. Wilson claimed Floyd lunged at her in 2006, knocking her back onto a table and seriously injuring her back. Less than a year later, at J.Lo's Long Island mansion, the dog head-butted a housekeeper in the gut, causing a serious bruise.

He then bit the arm of a personal assistant to the couple.

The unnamed employees had to get medical help, said Wilson's lawyer, William Cafaro. "Both employees testified [in depositions] that the attacks were not reported to authorities," Cafaro said.

Although Anthony testified that he got rid of the dog because it was "high maintenance," the personal assistant who was bitten said Floyd was booted shortly after the attack, according to Cafaro.

Floyd, who received intensive military-police training in Germany, was purchased for $35,000 in 2007 by "West Wing" actress NiCole Robinson and her political consultant husband, Craig Snyder.
They told The News last month that Floyd is "like a big baby puppy" who gives their 4-year-old daughter rides on his back in their Manhattan apartment.
"I wouldn't want that dog around my children," Cafaro said. Lawyers for J.Lo and Anthony did not return calls for comment.
jmarzulli@nydailynews.com

Read more: Floyd, a German shepherd once owned by Jennifer Lopez, attacked a personal assistant, housekeeper - NY Daily News

#22 · (Edited)
Well, personally, I think they got ripped off. That looks very much like a GSL. Wonder just what type of "Military style training" it received ... perhaps the dog didn't have the proper temperament for this type of training?

I have heard of people getting seriously ripped off in Europe, if they don't know what they are doing. And I doubt either of those two had the time or the interest in training with the dog.

Here is a followup article. I would not want a dog that growls at all strangers, but, hey... :shrug:

J.Lo's Cujo is actually a Lassie, his new owner insisted Friday.
"West Wing" actress NiCole Robinson said she was flabbergasted to read in the Daily News that an animal behavior expert had branded Floyd the guard dog a menace.
"He's the biggest, sweetest baby," Robinson told the Daily News.
Lopez and Anthony - who owned Floyd before Robinson - are being sued in Brooklyn Federal Court by stewardess Lisa Wilson, who claims Floyd attacked her on a private jet in 2006.

"I will go to court to defend Floyd's honor," vowed Robinson, who played Margaret Hooper on the hit show.
Robinson and her husband, political consultant Craig Snyder, bought Floyd from a K-9 security outfit in South Carolina in 2007 after a robbery scare in their Manhattan apartment.

They paid $35,000 for the canine - who received intensive military-style training in Germany.
Marc Anthony had paid $39,000 in 2005 for the dog, whose full name is Floyd vom Meierhof, court records show.
At some point, the celebrity crooners returned the German shepherd to the company.

Snyder said he wasn't concerned about the price tag when it came to protecting his loved ones.
"You can get security dogs for half or one-third the price, but to me those dogs would pose a risk to my family," he said.
"Cheaper dogs are not trained to distinguish between a real threat and a kid who pulls their tail. The dog is 100% peace of mind," Snyder said.

The couple's 4-year-old daughter playfully rides atop Floyd's back and they frolic outside together. "My wife is pregnant, so Floyd will be protecting another member of the family in April," Snyder said.

There's no question Floyd means business when anyone comes near family members, and his pushy behavior or rumbling growl are often mistaken by strangers for an imminent attack.

"He's under very strict rules of engagement," Snyder said. "The training was remarkable."
Robinson and Snyder have never met J.Lo and her hubby, but they were fully informed of Floyd's past - including the alleged incident on the plane - when they made the purchase.
"Floyd acts like a big baby puppy who just wants to be loved," Snyder said.
jmarzulli@nydailynews.com

Read more: J.Lo doggie defended: NiCole Robinson says maligned pup a real pooch - NY Daily News

#33 ·
It's sort of interesting how some of the celebs have GSD's that come from obviously pretty crappy breeding. It sort of goes along with the JLo's GSD biting someone- just because the dog was "professionally trained" and she's wealthy doesn't mean the dog had a stable temperament or quality training. A lot of the "celebrity protection dog" trainers get business solely because they charge sky-high rates and create an air of exclusivity but run shady operations.

Not a GSD, but Eva Longoria has a Maligator. I wonder if she has a full-time staff to keep said maligator trained and entertained :D

#35 · (Edited)
Eva Longoria has a Maltese.

Eva Mendes has a Mal.

Eva was on The Late Show and talked about her Belgian Malinois Hugo and how “All he wants to do is prove his love to me, you know, all he wants to do is kill for me. It’s so sweet.”

She told Dave, “I’d feel terrible if he hurt a little thing so I try to get in there and I use — people always get mad at me for this — but I use a shock collar on him… And I have the remote. But I’ve tried it on myself at all levels… I swear!” :cool:

#36 ·
Don't know about Longoria, but Eva Mendes has a Mal.

Eva was on The Late Show and talked about her Belgian Malinois Hugo and how “All he wants to do is prove his love to me, you know, all he wants to do is kill for me. It’s so sweet.”

She told Dave, “I’d feel terrible if he hurt a little thing so I try to get in there and I use — people always get mad at me for this — but I use a shock collar on him… And I have the remote. But I’ve tried it on myself at all levels… I swear!” :cool:

Ah, it was Eva Mendes that I was thinking of. Wrong Eva :) And yep... sounds about what I would expect...,

#39 ·
Haha, that was really cool! Some cool people with some cool lookin' GSDs!

#41 ·
Miley Cyrus and her family have German Shepherds

Miley's sister

Nikki Reed has 2 GSDs

Nicole Richie has a GSD

Nicole Richie and Cameron Diaz walking their GSDs

Jerry O'Connell has 2 black GSDs

#46 · (Edited)
Rachel Hunter's GSD in front of his house, LOL

DOGHOUSES | Playhouse

ABOUT THE DOG HOUSES

Each dog house is custom designed and built. We can design for almost any type of pet and in any architectural style. Many of our clients commission a dog house as a decorative accessory for their landscapes or gardens.
Most houses come with fully dry-walled interiors and indoor/outdoor lighting. Although our clients normally don’t keep their pets in the doghouse full time, we offer options to keep pets comfortable while inside, including air conditioning and special flooring to keep dogs cool in hot climates.:wild:

Sizes vary according to your pet’s needs. Our portfolio includes tiny, toy-breed dog houses as well as houses large enough to accommodate people standing inside. Prices average between $6,000 and $10,000, with some designs starting at about $4,000. Others can top $25,000 or more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.