Found myself in the dark side of youtube. - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2014, 11:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunCzarina View Post
Yes that is a rare instance where if nobody has a something (break stick etc) to jam between it's jaws, punching the dog in the head is an acceptable solution.

However, it's a random dog on the street attacking a child. Not a 6 month old puppy who doesn't know it's own strength bouncing up and tagging it's master on the arm.
So the only difference is that one is a puppy? It's only a puppy mentally but a 6 month Shepherd is as big or bigger than roughly 50 of dog breeds.

So if a dog bites a stranger you can punch it but if it bites the owner you just click and treat? What if that pup realizes it can do whatever it wants and biting it's owner gets the dog it's way and suddenly he tries the same thing on a kid. Do you still click and treat the "puppy"?
boomer11 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2014, 11:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konotashi View Post
I'm doubting that punching the dog in the head would make it let go.
When my mom's pit bull and lab got into a fight, her pit had a hold of the lab by the throat. I was punching her in the head and face as hard as I could. I made her nose bleed. She didn't budge.
Having broken up a few pit fights I have found the hose works best. They do not like water.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
Elite Member

I use to like projects.
Armchair quarterbacking is what you do if you comment on a situation you have never dealt with.
Such shy animals are in all circumstances an encumbrance to their owner, who must be ashamed of such a dog, and a disgrace to their race. Under no circumstances whatever must they be used for breeding, however noble and striking they may appear.

Last edited by Blitzkrieg1; 03-20-2014 at 12:02 AM.
Blitzkrieg1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2014, 12:01 AM   #24 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I got a comment on break sticks deleted for some reason I think it's a dirty word on the forum.

If I had a prong on that dog I'd have used it to prong him off his feet and slam him off the side of a tree or parked car or the ground or possibly all three.
Baillif is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2014, 12:23 AM   #25 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baillif View Post
I got a comment on break sticks deleted for some reason I think it's a dirty word on the forum.

If I had a prong on that dog I'd have used it to prong him off his feet and slam him off the side of a tree or parked car or the ground or possibly all three.
How abusive , its owners like you that create dogs like that. Being all mean and scary. The dog was probably afraid and bit the child so he could relieve his stress. I hope you feel like a big man with your prong collars, break sticks and SHOCK collars!
Such shy animals are in all circumstances an encumbrance to their owner, who must be ashamed of such a dog, and a disgrace to their race. Under no circumstances whatever must they be used for breeding, however noble and striking they may appear.
Blitzkrieg1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2014, 01:13 AM   #26 (permalink)

Ugh.. scrambling at first but they did succeed. Immobilizing the dog was a good idea. You want to prevent shaking and pulling that ends in tearing but it looked like the dog had a hold of the clothing only. The strike to the face it seems is why it released. Although I don't think punching/striking the face of a dog is a very effective corrective technique, I'm glad it worked out in this case. It doesn't always.

Last edited by KaiserandStella; 03-20-2014 at 01:15 AM.
KaiserandStella is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2014, 02:57 AM   #27 (permalink)
Master Member

This is why I carry a break stick on walks :/ call me abusive but when I get a dog to let go with it I bet some would change their mind about them.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:30 AM   #28 (permalink)
Knighted Member

That was awful! If that was my dog, I'd have given the term "alpha roll" a whole new meaning. Seriously, that's unbelievable!!! Crap, when I said I had a GSD that didn't like kids, I sure hope nobody thought that's the kind of dog I was walking around in public with!
Blanketback is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2014, 09:07 AM   #29 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Ugh. When you see a small child being drug around helpless like that by a predator animal, very visceral reaction and no sympathy for the dog or it's owners.

Looks like a beauceron........

Someone did hit the dog, eventually....

Bailiff there have been discussions about breaking up pitt fights here in the past where break sticks were mentioned without issues

Last edited by Gwenhwyfair; 03-20-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Gwenhwyfair is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2014, 09:10 AM   #30 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Question for our trainers on board here, assuming the dog has not been mistreated by children in the past, what are the reasons behind some dogs reacting aggressively to children?
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.