German Shepherds Forum banner

NH meet up

4K views 45 replies 7 participants last post by  allieg 
#1 ·
Hello all NH people and New England peeps,

Since spring is ready to show it's face I'm trying to get some dates and places together for a NH meet up.I have a few in mind but would like some more suggestions to look into.They usually end up being near the seacoast but am willing to find others.Would love the Concord area if anyone knows of any places dog friendly there.

So what weekends in April do people have free? Lets throw some dates around and get this rolling as long as the weather cooperates.

These are leashed dog walks so if you have a dog that needs help don't feel like you can't attend.There will be 2 or 3 dogs that needs distance on the walks so we accommodate all temperments. We might even let in non GSD if they're cute enough..:)
:sun:
:doggieplayball:

#3 ·
Not Easter weekend please, I have to cook! We can always do a small trial run too Allie.
I will keep an eye on the weather!

#5 ·
I am open to any weekend in April (except Easter weekend).
As far as the area goes I would love a more central location than the seacoast but I will travel there if I have too. I live about 45 minutes west of concord so the Concord/Manchester area would be cool.

It will be fun!

#6 ·
Jess,
If we do Hilton Park it's the same distance for me as it would be for you.
I'm still looking for nice places to get together but most parks are out with dogs and not familiar with trails to suggest any.I have a place down the road from me but except for the water the trail is boring.It's 6 miles long so we could do it and just walk it till everyone is done.

#7 ·
That is fine with me, it is about an hour and a half, no biggie. I was just suggesting a more central location. I know of a lot of trails that are dog friendly but they are towards my area so it would be too far for everyone ;-)

I can't wait! It will be fun!

#10 ·
Hi! I am free most weekends - no plans so far except for a breakfast outing on the 10th. Would love to be able to join you. Salisbury Beach was a good distance for me last time. I think Hilton Park would work, too. Just not totally sure where it is.

#11 ·
Now we just have to get the weather back on our side.After Easter I am free as a bird on the weekends.....

Jen,I think Hilton Park is easy to get to.Robin or Heidi should definitely be able to get you from Portsmouth to there with no problem.I just suck at getting all the exits and routes right.I can picture it but can't put names to it...Blonde thing:)
I can't wait for our next outing.I miss everybody and there dogs.

#12 ·
The website for Hilton Park did not seem to have an address that I could put into my GPS, otherwise I could use that. I am looking forward to another outing, too. Jackson needs all the exposure to other people & dogs he can get! He did really well at the last one so that was encouraging. We have been able to get out most days recently to do training. He is doing really well. I am hoping that in a month or so I can get back together with my trainer for some tune ups!

#13 ·
The website for Hilton Park did not seem to have an address that I could put into my GPS, otherwise I could use that. He is doing really well. I am hoping that in a month or so I can get back together with my trainer for some tune ups!
Robin and Heidi are familiar with that area so they can give you an address close to it or the address to put into the GPS.

#14 ·
Anything works for me, I am pretty open. I am excited. Are these places we are talking about places we can let them off leash? I hate having him on a leash all the time ;-)

#15 ·
Anything works for me, I am pretty open. I am excited. Are these places we are talking about places we can let them off leash? I hate having him on a leash all the time ;-)
Hilton Park is definetly on lead.The other thing is most of our dogs are reactive and don't do well with other dogs so we keep them on leashes so no ones gets into scuffles.We do the meet ups to get them use to other dogs and socialized in that manner.

#16 ·
Jenn, Do you know where the Fox Run Mall is ? It is past that, on the Spaulding turnpike, past walmart over the bridge, after the bridge there is a sign for Hilton park and the exit leads right to it, it has its own exit I think it is exit 5 on the spaulding Rt 16. This park all dog must be on Leash it is mandatory, it is park were there are children, and a busy highway.

#21 ·
Ok people this weather has me crawling out of my skin and in the need for a meet up.I am going to say lets meet up at Hilton Park on April 11th.If it should be crappy weather we'll have a rain/snow date of the 18th.
Now do we want to do a lunch time meet up and maybe have a picnic of some sort there?
Can't wait to see everybody again.

#22 ·
The 11th sounds great! My Bo is dog reactive so I will keep my space. Winter setback. We can walk over to the Durham bridge on rt 4 to make it a longer walk also if you want.

#25 ·
Looks like I'll at least have 3 people to walk with..I hope Robin can come,Athena is doing so good with her(Myrika).Her energy is just what my girly needs.Hopefully I can get one of my girls to come so Lexi can join us.She likes walking with the big dogs.She'll have a blast with Dozer.She isn't afraid of dogs like Athena is,she loves everyone and thing.

#26 ·
So what is the time? Are we bringing picinics? I hope it is nice. I haven't checked the weather yet but I hope it is as nice as this weekend!

#27 ·
I'm thinking 12:30-1:00.I'll have to ask Heidi about if a picnic is possible, not sure of the set up there.
I looked last night and it may not be super nice but hopefully the rain will hold off till later in the evening.
I think I have at least one of my girls coming so Lexi will be able to join us too.

#31 ·
I will be there. Sunday will be the best day. what time did you all decide?

Keep in mind this is a park/boat launch/playground combo. It is not woodsy at all. I thought we could meet at the main parking lot Hilton park entrance.
They have a few picnic tables there so if you wanted to eat there right away you can. Then we can walk under the bridge over to the otherside along the ocean path/trail it is paved. On the other side they have an open area with benches and you can let the dogs in the water there, it is safer on this side. From here we can walk over the old spaulding turnpike bridge and look at the views. Then walk back over this bridge. An option to make the walk longer depending on everyone's time frame, we can then go walk thru the neighborhood past Newicks over to the Durham bridge walk over that to the Durham side and then walk back all the way back to the beginning. The Durham bridge has a narrow walk way way and this is were the fisherman are usually. Depending on weather we are cold or not we can do this extra part. we can decide there if we want to do this but this would make it longer.

#32 ·
OOPS I thought I had posted the time,I'm thinking 1 PM would be good.Gives us that have to travel, time to sleep in on the weekend and have plenty of time to do the walk.Jess if you need it earlier just say the word.

Heidi,
You'll be leading the way since none of us have been there before so don't forget your tour guide outfit..:)It sounds like it is going to be a fun day.I have no time frame so no rush for me on the walk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.