What do you guys think of this crate - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

What do you guys think of this crate

Double Ended Full Ventilation Dog Crate

I think it's time he got a real crate. I have a 48" wire crate in my truck for him now, but I want a locking crate and something he can't let himself out of. Because yeah, that happened. He let himself out of his dane crate in the house---3 latches, he opened all 3 and was loose in my office when I came back. Nothing bent, he used no force, he just somehow opened the latches. So now when I crate him I snap everything shut with metal snaps.

But I no longer feel comfortable leaving him in my truck in wire crate because sometimes I leave the tailgate open for air. Plus I don't feel like a wire crate, even with a padlock on it, is enough protection for him from bad people.

So it's time for a real crate. I can't imagine him fitting in anything smaller than 48", and he needs ventilation. He gets really hot. I have seen some aluminum crates that just did not have enough air.

So this one seems promising. Anybody have any experience with it, or other recommendations for 48" with good ventilation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:24 PM
Crowned Member

Here is a custom crate place. A friend of mine has one.
https://www.facebook.com/Little.Ente...nf&pnref=story
Thecowboysgirl likes this.

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Thanks Jax, I like the look of that one. Think it's worth the x tra cash?

What about having a rear door? The only reason I would want one is if we were ever in an accident and the crate had been damaged and we couldn't get the dog out the regular door, but a rear door might save the day. The thing is he is hardly ever traveling in the back, he is usually in the cab with me and I just put him back there when I have to leave him for awhile, at a trial or clinic or whatever

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:53 PM
Crowned Member

I"m not sure it is extra? Can't remember what my friend said she paid for it. I'm thinking about getting one when I decide on the features I want. I would absolutely get a rear door. I've been rear ended and it's a fear of mine that my dog will be trapped back there. I like my doors on the side instead of the end. If you are interested in that manufacturer, give him a call and talk to him. Given what my friend does for a living and that this is a friend of hers, I'm confident he's an upstanding guy.
Thecowboysgirl likes this.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:59 PM

You can get crate fans. A lot of show dog people use them in the summer.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

The website looked like it was an add on for 200 something dollars. After a certain point it almost gets to be like eh...what's another 200 bucks.

It's a small price to pay to make him safer.

I'll definitely get in touch with these people, I really like the look of this crate
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsilver View Post
You can get crate fans. A lot of show dog people use them in the summer.
I have one but it sucks. I need to get the kind that plugs into your cigarette lighter or whatever.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 08:24 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecowboysgirl View Post
I have one but it sucks. I need to get the kind that plugs into your cigarette lighter or whatever.
Open truck bed or do you have a cap?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:38 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecowboysgirl View Post
I love mine! I replaced my car battery with a deep cell and I've never come close to killing the battery with it.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 10:10 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
I love mine! I replaced my car battery with a deep cell and I've never come close to killing the battery with it.
Is the deep cell wired into your charging system, or do you use an alternative source?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page