German Shepherds Forum banner

Bungee strap for e collar

4K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  NancyJ 
#1 ·
I think my pup might do better with a bungee strap.

I see two different styles, one has a buckle and just a small elastic section on one side. Would that put even pressure on the receiver?

The other style has no buckles and the bungee portion looks as though it would put more even pressure but I dont love the look of it or the idea that I couldn't get on the same known hole (size wise ) when I put it on.

Anybody have input on using either? I have never bought long contact points but wondering if I should, he has the more dense coat of any GSD I have ever had and I don't want to screw up his initial collar work with a crappy connection. I haven't started yet

#2 ·
I use bungies with a lock-tight fitting. I pretty much just cut off a section of the original collar and use a small section of bungie and the contact is perfect. For GSD I use the 3/4 inch contact points for Dogtra collars.

#18 ·
Thanks. Dogtra wrote back to me & said the contact points they sell will still work for any older collars, even my discontinued 280ncp.

I am going to upgrade everything before I start him, I dont want to waste time or have crappy communication because I didn't get the appropriate stuff.

My last two gsds (the female I still have) has a normal coat and did fine with the 1/2 inch. So did my old male but he was not purebred and his coat was thinner than the average gsd.

What do you usually use for pet training Bailif, a 280 or arc or one of the heavier duy collars? If you even use Dogtras that is. These educators seem to be getting popular.

#19 ·
I own a 282 NCP that I usually use for my own dogs but it usually doesn't get used unless I'm doing sport training.

For the pets in the board and train program we usually use a Dogtra IQ. The IQ is simple and easy. I like it. Really the only downside to it is clients sometimes fidget with the remote and can accidentally turn their dials up or down without realizing it. It isn't that big of a deal though.

#20 ·
I bought the bottom strap and am a bit skeptical. First off it was advertised as biothane but it is plain coated nylon - not that big a deal but the width seems awful narrow to handle my Dogtra reciever and it is not predrilled for mounting the receiver -- since my dog is going to be running through the woods with it I am not sure I trust this bungee to hold

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.