German Shepherds Forum banner

Is this Muzzle too small for my boy?

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  muso 
#1 ·
I just got this muzzle ordered through my vet, it appears too small. My dogs distance between tip of nose and eye line is 4 inches (100mm) the depth of the cage is about 3.5 inches (75-80 mm) (see photo)
The vet said the large size suits Labrador,German shepherd etc.
I don't want him uncomfortable or even worse not being able to drink :(
But I also don't want him to chomp another dog when out in public especially a smaller type. I may change it for the extra large next size up unless this size is ok.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It looks a little small. I like the strap closer to their eyes. Too close to the tip of the nose and it's easy to slide off with a paw swipe

#3 ·
The wire muzzle I purchased (Prestige Pet Products model MU-3343) is size Large to suit Rottweiler Labrador etc. The next size up is extra large and is suitable for Great Dane, Mastiff and St Bernard. Strangely the site of the muzzle manufacturer does not quote a size for German Shepherd but mentions other breeds which I find strange considering the GSD is more common than the other breeds.

#5 ·
That picture looks like a better fit. Could you get a profile shot?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.