German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Equipment (how to use/where to find) (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/equipment-how-use-where-find/)
-   -   Ball on rope (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/equipment-how-use-where-find/446610-ball-rope.html)

eddie1976E 05-05-2014 07:26 PM

Ball on rope

Where do you guys get the ball on rope toys? Looking for best price/quality. Thanks

gsdsar 05-05-2014 07:28 PM

I get Gappay ball on string from Hallmark K9

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

onyx'girl 05-05-2014 07:45 PM

Karlo likes the Gappay dice ball
and the I have elite balls, gappays, orbees and for some reason those two I linked are the favorite for Karlo.
I have arthritis in my hands and those smaller strings are painful compared to the chuckit. I ran a spongy line thru the orbee and that works well for me too.

HarleyTheGSD 05-05-2014 07:46 PM

Not sure if they have this particular toy, but you could try Leerburg.com. They have a large selection.

Anubis_Star 05-05-2014 09:45 PM

I buy the 3 pack of kong chuck it balls from petco for 19.99$. Then I use twine or other strong rope like stuff and make my own, because they have holes in them. Much cheaper and easier than ordering online because eventually mine always magically dissapear lol. Of course you don't get the nice wood handle but I tie a sturdy knot.

Otherwise I purchase from leerburg I believe

onyx'girl 05-05-2014 09:51 PM

wood handle? The chuckit! balls I have don't have a wooden handle. They have a nice nylon handle. They are the rubber ones, not the tennis ball texture. I keep all my training toys specifically for training so they get put away when we are done with a session.
The only time I lose toys is when my dog drops them and they roll under my vehicle. I forget to grab them when I move it. Luckily people I train with see my carelessness and grab them for me, lol!

Nigel 05-05-2014 10:21 PM

Elite K9 has ones with a Plastic T-handle Elite Working Balls with T-tug Handle-Elite K-9

We also have an Orbee with a rope and a couple rubber chuck-its with a strap, there all good, but mine seem to prefer the Orbee.

eddie1976E 05-05-2014 10:28 PM

Thank you all. I think I found what I want for a decent price.

Anubis_Star 05-06-2014 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onyx'girl (Post 5476722)
wood handle? The chuckit! balls I have don't have a wooden handle. They have a nice nylon handle. They are the rubber ones, not the tennis ball texture. I keep all my training toys specifically for training so they get put away when we are done with a session.
The only time I lose toys is when my dog drops them and they roll under my vehicle. I forget to grab them when I move it. Luckily people I train with see my carelessness and grab them for me, lol!

No I meant they don't have the nice wood handles as the balls on the rope you buy from places like leerburg

eddie1976E 05-06-2014 10:05 PM

I will order from Elite K9...

What do you think about the sizes? 2",2.5 and 3". I think 3" is too big for a younger dog (say 3Months). But I also don't want one that the pup will outgrow quickly.

btw, this is a great site. Prices are great compared to other popular sites.

Elite Working Balls with T-tug Handle-Elite K-9