German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Equipment (how to use/where to find) (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/equipment-how-use-where-find/)
-   -   Quick snap black prong collar (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/equipment-how-use-where-find/434737-quick-snap-black-prong-collar.html)

jjk454ss 04-06-2014 11:58 PM

Quick snap black prong collar

Ok, I'm looking for a very specific collar type. I'd like a prong, but I'd like it to be black. I'd also like one that has nylon with a quick snap closure instead of the chain portion. I've found them, but not in black. And I've found the herm sprenger without the chain, but are those any good? Like this:

I really would like one with a cover if there's a reasonably priced place to purchase, they seem to be $75+ everywhere I see them.

Bobby25104 04-08-2014 09:39 AM

Quick snap black prong collar

I use the sprenger prong collar without the quick release. it's the best quality out there. I had one with a quick release not a sprenger and the release would fail causing the collar to fall off.

DJEtzel 04-08-2014 09:45 AM

I have really liked the collar you linked to.

The county K9s use them and I've gotten to work with one of the two K9s on one and I was a huge fan. They make less noise, look sharper, feel safer.

wyoung2153 04-08-2014 10:30 AM

I really like that! looks similar to the one we use.. I forget the brand.. question.. do they make prongs that look like a collar on the outside?

nktigger99 04-08-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyoung2153 (Post 5342705)
I really like that! looks similar to the one we use.. I forget the brand.. question.. do they make prongs that look like a collar on the outside?

You can buy covers....look on pinterest

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

wyoung2153 04-08-2014 11:01 AM

very nice.. thank you!

jjk454ss 04-08-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby25104 (Post 5342369)
I use the sprenger prong collar without the quick release. it's the best quality out there. I had one with a quick release not a sprenger and the release would fail causing the collar to fall off.

Yea, I don't need something that would fall off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJEtzel (Post 5342393)
I have really liked the collar you linked to.

The county K9s use them and I've gotten to work with one of the two K9s on one and I was a huge fan. They make less noise, look sharper, feel safer.

So these kind, without the martingale part I guess it's called, work as good? Some of the reviews are negative, but of course you always get that.

Anyone familiar with the "neck training" herm sprenger?

Galathiel 04-08-2014 11:40 AM

I've been toying with getting a quick release prong and like the look of the first one you posted. I just don't have the hand strength to easily put on or take off my current prong. It's a replacement the training club gave me, a Herm Sprenger, as the first one kept popping off, but it has larger, thicker prongs. Almost beyond me to operate.

DJEtzel 04-08-2014 12:14 PM

IMO they work just as well when fitted properly.

I absolutely hated those "training" ones- ineffective and a pain in the you know what to remove/add links. I wouldn't use one if it were free.

jjk454ss 04-08-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJEtzel (Post 5343601)
IMO they work just as well when fitted properly.

I absolutely hated those "training" ones- ineffective and a pain in the you know what to remove/add links. I wouldn't use one if it were free.

Thanks, I just ordered it. I hope it works well for me, I'm afraid of the fit, seems like it might be too large, but it's the only size I see and extra links aren't bad to have I guess.