German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Equipment (how to use/where to find) (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/equipment-how-use-where-find/)
-   -   Best frisbees that won't damage your dog's teeth (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/equipment-how-use-where-find/427290-best-frisbees-wont-damage-your-dogs-teeth.html)

aparanae 03-21-2014 07:09 AM

Best frisbees that won't damage your dog's teeth

Hi! I would like to know what you guys consider the best frisbees in terms of safety and playability.

Around 2 months ago we spontaneously got a frisbee during the visit to a new pet store. The first frisbee for my now 9-months-old girl. It was a Dog Activity Dog Disc from Trixie. Well, some days ago we noticed her canines started to look somewhat flat. I assume it is because of the frisbee since she never had any problem with other toys, which are mainly balls (orbee ball, grinz ball, and holee roller balls) and sometimes some tug toys.

I feel really sorry now that I have to take the frisbee away, because she really has a lot of fun with it, although she's not (yet) that good at catching it. Since then, she always looks forward to afternoon walks cause she knows we walk long on the fields and play at the same time.

So, which frisbees would you recommend that are safe for my dog's teeth and are still good flying?

belladonnalily 03-21-2014 07:34 AM

Chuck-it is the best one I've found. The one with the hole in it.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Baillif 03-21-2014 07:44 AM

Floppy discs

Discoetheque 03-21-2014 08:13 AM

West Paw makes a rubber Zisc that has some decent flight on it, but is soft enough not to damage teeth. Its' also thicker around the edges than most other rubber discs I've seen, so it shouldn't wear as quickly.

aparanae 03-21-2014 08:31 AM

Interesting options!! :) and what about the Rogz Flying Object? Did anybody already try it?

Bear GSD 03-21-2014 08:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My dog likes the Booda Sonic Disc:

Attachment 192954

It flies really well :)

aparanae 03-21-2014 08:47 AM

Looks nice, but seems like they don't sell any Booda products in the country where I live, or at least I can't find any... so no Floppy or Sonic Discs :(

Serbrider 03-21-2014 10:28 AM

A lot of places should still be able to ship to Germany... if you absolutely can\'t find anything else. It would have an additional charge... but maybe if you bought several it would be worth it... just a thought.

Blanketback 03-21-2014 10:34 AM

The less indestructible they are, the better they are for the dog\'s teeth. I have a "Chewber" that\'s rubber and I\'ve seen other thinner rubber ones in the stores - Kong makes one too. I have an older one that isn\'t in production any more, and it\'s also very flexible. As long as you stay away from any that are marketed as "tough" or "chew proof" or anything like that then I think it would be fine.

Stosh 03-21-2014 10:35 AM

Stosh loves Dawgz by Hperflyte. They make a puppy one that\'s gentle on teeth