German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Equipment (how to use/where to find) (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/equipment-how-use-where-find/)
-   -   E-collars (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/equipment-how-use-where-find/426258-e-collars.html)

Nigel 03-18-2014 09:03 PM

E-collars

Gonna start shopping for one. Our old one, a tri-tronic sat in my closet for years and it corroded inside, will not hold a charge. I had used it for recall with my malamute, trained with it twice and it worked, didn't need it again. Ranger has developed a few bad habits during his TPLO recovery that need to stop now. We have the trainer coming by this weekend to get DW started.

zyppi 03-18-2014 10:16 PM

I like the Dogtra collars.

Blitzkrieg1 03-18-2014 10:19 PM

I like Einstien especially the tracking light and boost just wish the transmitter was not round and had a belt clip.
The mini Dogtra looks good too and does have a transmitter with belt clip.

GatorDog 03-18-2014 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg1 (Post 5226354)
I like Einstien especially the tracking light and boost just wish the transmitter was not round and had a belt clip.
The mini Dogtra looks good too and does have a transmitter with belt clip.

Also vote for Einstein. And they do have belt clips :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Bear L 03-18-2014 11:39 PM

Another vote for Einstein!

Nigel 03-19-2014 12:11 AM

Lot more options out there than I realised, any model Einstein or Dogtra you guys recommend? I noticed Dogtra has some models with a page button for vibration, anyone use this effectively? Can't seem to find the dogtra mini, I'll keep looking.

Blitzkrieg1 03-19-2014 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorDog (Post 5226938)
Also vote for Einstein. And they do have belt clips :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Do you mean the leather case that goes on your belt?

RocketDog 03-19-2014 01:11 AM

I have a Dogtra Sure Stim H plus. I started out with a different model (2300NCP advance) but I lost the transmitter on a very snowy hike on 4th of July pass. Heh. When Dogtra sent me a replacement, they sent me the Sure Stim receiver.

I personally find the vibrate to be more irritating and disruptive to the dog than controlled stim at his working level. Just my .02.

GatorDog 03-19-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg1 (Post 5227202)
Do you mean the leather case that goes on your belt?

Yeah.

Black Leather Holster With Snap and Belt Clip - $29.00 : Dog Equipment, Police Dog, Schutzhund, Service Dog, Dog Agility

And this one should come with it.

Belt/Saddle/ Purse Quick-Release Transmitter Holder - $9.00 : Dog Equipment, Police Dog, Schutzhund, Service Dog, Dog Agility

OP- I started with the Einstein mini educator and loved it. I recently got another ET400ts plus with 2 receivers and no complaints there either.

Blitzkrieg1 03-20-2014 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorDog (Post 5228018)
Yeah.

Black Leather Holster With Snap and Belt Clip - $29.00 : Dog Equipment, Police Dog, Schutzhund, Service Dog, Dog Agility

And this one should come with it.

Belt/Saddle/ Purse Quick-Release Transmitter Holder - $9.00 : Dog Equipment, Police Dog, Schutzhund, Service Dog, Dog Agility

OP- I started with the Einstein mini educator and loved it. I recently got another ET400ts plus with 2 receivers and no complaints there either.

I saw those but decided to just use the lanyard. ( I do get strange looks from people who see a what looks like a yellow fisherprice toy around my neck) Reason being I like instant access to the buttons. The belt holster looks like it might block the buttons or am I not seeing it right?

My old dogtra transmitter was very unobtrusive. Went on my belt and I could use it without talking it off my belt. Like I said no tracking light or boost which is a big like for me on the Einstien not to mention their customer service.