German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Equipment (how to use/where to find) (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/equipment-how-use-where-find/)
-   -   Car seat dog hammock (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/equipment-how-use-where-find/422001-car-seat-dog-hammock.html)

katro 03-10-2014 10:43 AM

Car seat dog hammock

Does anyone use one of the hammocks for their back seats? Currently I just use a sheet for my Scion tc, but I'm getting a new Subaru Forester at the end of this month and wanted to get something waterproof. I've got a DuraGear one on my Amazon wishlist right now, but anyone have any specific recommendations?

Thanks!

Zlata 03-10-2014 11:10 AM

I'm interested in hearing the answers, too! I thought about getting a hammock but I imagine that would be uncomfortable when/if anyone had to sit in the backseat of my car because you can't put your feet down. So now I'm looking more toward one of those looser bench seat covers.

katro 03-10-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zlata (Post 5166793)
I'm interested in hearing the answers, too! I thought about getting a hammock but I imagine that would be uncomfortable when/if anyone had to sit in the backseat of my car because you can't put your feet down. So now I'm looking more toward one of those looser bench seat covers.

The hammocks usually just clip onto the headrests so they're easily removable (or at least they SHOULD be) for when you want people to sit. :)

middleofnowhere 03-10-2014 01:38 PM

I tried one but it didn't work in the truck.

Abby142 03-10-2014 01:45 PM

I use one in my car and I like it. It keeps Jade in the back and if I have to stop suddenly I don't have to worry about her getting hurt.

That being said, I made mine so it isn't waterproof and I can't give you any recommendations on brands. The DuraGear ones on Amazon do look nice though!

BWCA Shepherd 03-10-2014 04:51 PM

Hammock Info.

I have used a hammock in my Subaru Forester and Vibe for ~10 years. It is easily removable, as the one reply indicated. It is also safe when stopping, as the other reply indicated. My next one, because Storm is getting up there in age and I am sure would appreciate a more comfy area will be a "Bowsers" hammock. More pricey, but excellent quality. I will have to have it modified by a seamstress though, as it is wider than the Suby.

MyHans-someBoy 03-10-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zlata (Post 5166793)

The one I have has a zipper in the middle and if someone wants to sit in the back with the dog you can just unzip it and it will lie flat on the seat, allowing you to put your feet on the floor.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App