Signature K9 LLC harness - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2014, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

Default Signature K9 LLC harness

Does anybody have one? I like the design and the HD version that has load rated metal buckles.

Exceptionally Versatile Modular LLC Harness

I am not sure ....... Signature and Amazon only show the Fastek buckle but Ray Allen shows the metal buckle.... the reason of value is the two handles would help for pulling back into a boat and it can fit accessory flotation panels and cooling panels

Just want insights. I am not doing tracking with Beau but for onlead work I prefer a harness when I have a long line and like the location of the buckle better - The ability to put it on without having to feed a leg through is a major plus.

Beau -NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog
Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles
jocoyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I was looking at this harness recently to potentially order in the near future for my female. Hope someone chimes in.

"May my enemies live long so they can see me progress."

www.germanshepherdguide.com
Wild Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2014, 10:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

IMO, the cobra buckles add a lot to the cost of a harness. If you are jumping or roping, they are necessary, but for normal use, the plastic buckles are fine.

My regular work harness has plastic buckles and has years daily use on it.

ETA: the harness in your post is one I use frequently and the build quality is very good for the price.

David Winners

Fama - T.E.D.D. OEF XI-XII (GSD)(RET... )
Marshall - T.E.D.D. OEF XII-XIII (Lab)(SF EDD)
Lucian - Med Alert (Cane Corso)
Pud - the old man (Pit x Lab)
David Winners is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2014, 11:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

I can assure you that granny won't be jumping or rappelling though I do want something I can use to lift the dog out of the water because he scares me all the time balancing on the boats and I just have to let him him work the odor but we like to get them out quick if they go in since gators cover about half the state........On a jon boat the dog can get themselves in but if the gunnels are too high......

I am glad to know you use it. Do you use the extra chest piece or as is? Even as is looks fairly non restrictive

Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles
Old 02-03-2014, 11:20 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocoyn View Post
I can assure you that granny won't be jumping or rappelling though I do want something I can use to lift the dog out of the water because he scares me all the time balancing on the boats and I just have to let him him work the odor but we like to get them out quick if they go in since gators cover about half the state........On a jon boat the dog can get themselves in but if the gunnels are too high......

I am glad to know you use it. Do you use the extra chest piece or as is? Even as is looks fairly non restrictive
I like the chest piece. I should have said that, because it keeps the harness from walking around on the dog. No worries about using the plastic buckles for occasional lifting. They can take it. The handles are placed nicely for a lift from above, and are big enough to use with gloves on.

Another note: this is a fairly long harness. It will fit Beau fine, but for someone else reading this, it's too long for a small GSD or smaller breed of dog.

David Winners

Old 02-03-2014, 11:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

That length will be a plus for me. It helps keep the line from falling under his back leg. He is one long boy--Kind of why I have not done a "critique" stack. I would say stretched and a little straight in the shoulder .

Old 02-04-2014, 12:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

It will work great on him, as a shorter harness would lift his front first. This will let you pick him out flatter.

David Winners

Old 02-04-2014, 06:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

That is a problem and very uncomfortable and scary. Found that out with the H-style patrol harness. Did the taxes last night (normally I am spot on but have a few hundred dollars coming back so it must be so!)

Oh I meant to ask, with the added breastplate....do you have to feed the leg through or does it velcro to the chest strap?..I figure you have to do something different with that strap running between the front legs (I assume)

Last edited by jocoyn; 02-04-2014 at 06:52 AM.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

Sounds like destiny
Old 02-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

After a lot of shopping around looking the competitors, I ordered the harness with the Cobra PLASTIC buckle which has a load rating of 500lbs so better than Fastek but not as expensive as the metal buckle

Also got the breastplate. I gather that means I will have to feed a leg through but I may look at making some kind of modification so I can put the yoke over the head then clip. Though folding up the front leg is no big deal, I guess. He is getting used to it as am I.

I verified that we would NOT need any extension straps (he is 31" around the chest now and may add a little more as he bulks up but at 2.5, I doubt much more "bulking" is going to happen.) So for now he is on the small side of Medium in a patrol harness (I have a small H-style patrol harness which is really too snug for him)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.