German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Equipment (how to use/where to find) (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/equipment-how-use-where-find/)
-   -   Sound Effects/Sound Conditioning CDs (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/equipment-how-use-where-find/392858-sound-effects-sound-conditioning-cds.html)

marbury 01-07-2014 08:17 PM

Sound Effects/Sound Conditioning CDs

I appear to have loaned out and never reclaimed my three-disk set of sound effects. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. It wasn't specifically for dogs, more of a general collection. Any recommendations for suitable sets on Amazon or similar?

I'm looking for good ol' puppy desensitization tracks like gunshots, lawn mowers, fireworks, car crashes, all the way to screaming children, running water, busy traffic, etc. Any suggestions appreciated!

Karla 01-07-2014 11:00 PM

SOUNDS GOOD AUDIO CD - PUPPY HABITUATION - Dog Training and Behavior - Dogwise.com

kjdreyer 01-07-2014 11:45 PM

This is on iTunes, too, if you rather upload than have a hard copy - you can't lend it out then! Just be sure the doorbell one doesn't come on in the car! Talk about situational learning - Jedda's fine with doorbells and knocking in the house, but that sure isn't supposed to happen in the car! Poor girl :D

madis 01-08-2014 12:05 AM

I didn't know this existed, thanks! I'm going to try it out.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

cethlen1621 01-08-2014 03:12 AM

Glad something like that exists. Our rescue dog is kind of learning how many sounds come from the TV and aren't from outside. He's still had some anxiety over horse sounds (the puppy mill owner had horses apparently too, sad to think they may have been in the lack of care all those dogs were), but is starting to calm since the distracting him with treats before full blown anxiety. Good luck with the densensitizing tracks! :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Freestep 01-08-2014 12:19 PM

I just leave the TV on. All kinds of sounds! Depending on what you need to desensitize, you can tune in to cop dramas, nature programs, reality shows, etc.

marbury 01-08-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freestep (Post 4795306)
I just leave the TV on. All kinds of sounds! Depending on what you need to desensitize, you can tune in to cop dramas, nature programs, reality shows, etc.

If I had TV that'd be an excellent idea, but I'm one of those 'no TV' folks. :)

kjdreyer, that's hilarious! I was planning on adding the CDs to my iTunes library so I can play it on repeat and not have to change CDs.

Thanks for the suggestions! All the 'for dogs' products tend to be overpriced with less content than sound effects CDs for SDs or radio, etc. Of course it was almost a decade ago, but I got the 3 CD set for $9 brand new. Although with adjustment for inflation... haha!