German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Equipment (how to use/where to find) (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/equipment-how-use-where-find/)
-   -   What your fav round (ball) shaped toy for a heavy chewer? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/equipment-how-use-where-find/384018-what-your-fav-round-ball-shaped-toy-heavy-chewer.html)

mda0303 12-19-2013 03:50 PM

What your fav round (ball) shaped toy for a heavy chewer?

Jax kryptonite is a tennis ball. The world stops when I have it in my hand. He fetches well but after awhile he gets tired and likes to lay down and chew on it.. Problem is, he rips the thing apart in about 10 minutes, and if he doesnt, its a soggy, dirt attracting mess.

Are there any good toys out there that are sized like a tennis ball, arent rock hard, but can take a serious chewer?

Eiros 12-19-2013 03:54 PM

Ward has taken apart every ball and every toy so far except an everlasting treat ball. And he chews the heck out of it and tries to rip off bits of it. It has somehow sustained zero damage!

mda0303 12-19-2013 04:05 PM

I've heard good things about the KONG ball.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

jocoyn 12-19-2013 04:13 PM

I like the planet dog diamond plate ball.....the 3.25 inch size

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Abby142 12-19-2013 04:22 PM

Jade love the ChuckIt! balls. They hold up really well! I have only had one "break" and all the happened was the stopper came loose and only attached on one side. I threw that one away so she wouldn't pull off and possibly choke on it. Other than that we lose them long before they break :rolleyes:

What I love about them is that they are rubber, and not covered in the normal tennis ball fuze so they don't get soggy, just wet.

mda0303 12-19-2013 04:23 PM

Alittle off topic but, if i leave a ball with him at night, will he lose the strong interest he has in it?

Liesje 12-19-2013 04:35 PM

I have a blank Kong ball that seems indestructible (only toy my dogs have that wasn't shredded in minutes, including the black Kong), but it is pretty rock hard. I call the the canon ball, lol. I am NOT a happy camper when that thing gets dropped on my toes. Nikon is always trying to sneak it back indoors so I give him an "out" command every time he comes through the door so it stays outside. He likes that it's heavy, so he can drop it in a snow bank, it sinks in, and he digs it out.

glinny 12-19-2013 05:49 PM

Effie loves her Cuz. It's like a ball with feet and she has had hers for over a year.

Guardyan 12-19-2013 05:56 PM

The West Paw Jive ball is extremely durable, non-toxic and made in the US:

Jive dog ball | West Paw Design

AngelaA6 12-19-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liesje (Post 4698010)
I have a blank Kong ball that seems indestructible (only toy my dogs have that wasn't shredded in minutes, including the black Kong), but it is pretty rock hard. I call the the canon ball, lol. I am NOT a happy camper when that thing gets dropped on my toes. Nikon is always trying to sneak it back indoors so I give him an "out" command every time he comes through the door so it stays outside. He likes that it's heavy, so he can drop it in a snow bank, it sinks in, and he digs it out.

I second the Kong ball. Gunther has had it since we got him and it's the only ball that has lasted. Tennis balls are dead in like 5 minutes but like your dog is his drug of choice. Last night I found an old tennis ball on the counter and he was laying on the rug gnawing on a raw bone and I tossed it to see if he'd go for it and sure enough after standing up and looking between the tossed tennis ball and the bone for a few seconds (a little torn between what he wanted) he chose the ball and brought it back next to the bone to chew on haha.